TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this a couple years ago but I can't find it...easily so I'll repost it. If you haven't seen it before it should get a couple good chuckles out of it.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Classic! "I think I got sand in my butt!" has always been one of my favorites. I also love how your dear, sweet wife tells you that you roll good.

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they make helmets for dogs?
Maybe! :p Riding pard on this ride actually photoshopped this helmet on Georgie from a ride in 2010 to Packer John Lookout so it's not real...here. I have seen photo's of dogs wearing helmets on the www but I don't know if they're real either. Probably. I do know they make Doggles (Goggles for dogs).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe! :p Riding pard on this ride actually photoshopped this helmet on Georgie from a ride in 2010 to Packer John Lookout so it's not real...here. I have seen photo's of dogs wearing helmets on the www but I don't know if they're real either. Probably. I do know they make Doggles (Goggles for dogs).

Great videos, admiral!

Can you give a noob a brief description of what types/brands of gear you wear? Because I like how you get up, every time, seemingly none the worse for wear! :)

And I see, based on the dog pic, why those wide, rear racks would come in handy. We want to get another Golden Retriever, but are considering downsizing to a Welsh Corgie or Border Collie. (A friend of mine's Border Collie would ride on the back of cycles, trikes, and even jump ONTO the rear axle of a MOVING, large farm tractor. This was all on dirt roads, but he claimed the dog would ride around in town, on the back of his roadbike, "all the time.")

Thanks,

TS185

·
Registered
13,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great videos, admiral!

Can you give a noob a brief description of what types/brands of gear you wear? Because I like how you get up, every time, seemingly none the worse for wear! :)

And I see, based on the dog pic, why those wide, rear racks would come in handy. We want to get another Golden Retriever, but are considering downsizing to a Welsh Corgie or Border Collie. (A friend of mine's Border Collie would ride on the back of cycles, trikes, and even jump ONTO the rear axle of a MOVING, large farm tractor. This was all on dirt roads, but he claimed the dog would ride around in town, on the back of his roadbike, "all the time.")

Thanks,

TS185
Sorry, it took so long to reply. I missed this.
Gear, why I'm protected by a non-use layer of muscle called fat. :p Actually, I don't wear anything special. Maverick ATV boots, shin & knee guards, helmet and gloves. That's about it. I am gonna get some elbow pads for this year.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Imagine I am among a legion of appreciative fans who sure miss Georgie. Admiral's new dog looks like a good one but nothing will replace Georgie as a riding companion. My new German Shedder has jumped on Mr.Gizmo's seat twice in a poor imitation of Georgie's riding style but at 80 pounds she just knocks the bike over.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
At least in the desert is is usually just bushes or cholla cactus. In the forest sometimes the trees leap out at you. And of course Elime can tell you about the strong TW attracting magnets hidden in his nearby oak trees, likely done by those playful physicists at Lawrence Livermore Labs.

An effective minor Cholla removal technique: cholla.jpg

If you are hiking and pick one up on the calf the next step can drive the needles into your opposing calf. The rotating motion tend to drive them in in a pain and extrication difficulty doubling curving trajectory. Not for the faint of heart...one of the reasons I used to always kept pliers and tweezers in my field pack.
A female geologist friend once demanded to be helicoptered out of the bush after sitting on some. Sissy! Quick removal in the field would likely have been less painful and embarrassing than the wait for medieval and eventual treatment. I would have told her to drop her drawers and bend over and it would remain our little secret. But then I'm that kind of guy.;) As is for years she was teased mercilessly as the word of her all too innocent accident made the rounds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts