TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how many of you own more than one TW or would like to? It makes sense if your spouse or kids ride but what if its just you?

I love my TW and find myself scanning the want ads looking for a good deal on an older one. I try and be logical with my purchases but I can't really think of a good reason to have another. You can only ride one at a time after all. If I find one I'm sure my wife will be asking the same sort of question. What do you say?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Buy it as a surprise for her (this only works if you're sure she won't be into it). You'll appear to be thoughtful (though slightly clueless). Offer to sell it and buy her something she really wants instead.

Place an ad on Craigslist, Zambia, with a phone number one digit off from your real number for insurance. This buys you months of time to save up a few bucks to buy her something she really wants and by then bike will have become a fixture.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I am always looking for an old knacker to buy cheap as an experimental mule.

Trouble is TW's never die. Well not here anyway, we've only had them since 1999.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have 2 TW's.

I bought one last summer, had been looking for over a year.

I got a used one, and put 2300 miles on it in Illinois.

We go to Arizona in the winter, and I had started to fix something up to haul it out here, but didn't because I thought we were going to leave 1st of Nov. Wife had doctor's appointments, and she would have one every 3 days hoping to get released. I didn't want to order anything because I did not know if I would get it all done to haul it out here to Arizona.

She was released wed before Thanksgiving, we were gone Thanksgiving afternoon.

Got to Arizona, I had my atv and road it. I really missed the TW. Kept looking on craigslist.

I emailed a couple of guys, but they were all 100 miles away, and really had no way to go get one except take the motorhome and trailer.

I found one guy, made him an offer, and he even said he would deliver it for that price.

So that is how I ended up with 2 TW's. I have put 1300 miles on this one in Arizona.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
A TW will go 100 miles.
I bought caught a ride with a friend to pick up Tdub and rode her home, a little over 100 miles.

Anywhow, when I win the lottery, I'll have several TWs. All will be 278cc 6-speed conversions. First will be a cafe racer style with 203/204 tires and a pirate decor that will be used for running errands. Second will be an adventure bike with a 34 on the rear and a 50/50 front, set up for moto-camping. Third will be a bit more dirt oriented, with an ATV tire on the rear and a TW34 on the front. Fourth will be set up a 203 front and a passenger car tire on the rear for a hack to haul my grandson around. Finally, a dedicated backroad runner sans every unnecessary ounce. Yes, I could easily have more than one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We have two TW's in our stable. My wife rides her's just about every day to and from work and some weekend dirt riding, mine see's more in-frequent use but longer, generally off-road use (sometimes highway or mountain roads too). It's nice to have two, we also have a 200cc dual-sport Honda MC as well, though it got ridden a grand total of 10 miles in 2010 and will hopefully find it's self in someone else's garage very soon.

I think it's good to have multiple bikes, I enjoy being able to take people out with me who normally wouldn't have the means or interest in riding, we have three quads for that same reason.

Kevin

·
Registered
112 Posts
A TW will go 100 miles.
I bought caught a ride with a friend to pick up Tdub and rode her home, a little over 100 miles.

Anywhow, when I win the lottery, I'll have several TWs. All will be 278cc 6-speed conversions. First will be a cafe racer style with 203/204 tires and a pirate decor that will be used for running errands. Second will be an adventure bike with a 34 on the rear and a 50/50 front, set up for moto-camping. Third will be a bit more dirt oriented, with an ATV tire on the rear and a TW34 on the front. Fourth will be set up a 203 front and a passenger car tire on the rear for a hack to haul my grandson around. Finally, a dedicated backroad runner sans every unnecessary ounce. Yes, I could easily have more than one.

your completely out of your mind... and its awesome!

im trying to find one for my work partner and if he wont buy it im gonna buy it and give the damn thing to him just so i have a riding buddy.

·
Registered
176 Posts
We have 3 bikes,but I'm always looking for another TW for when some street riding buds come over. My wife rides the TW on gravel road tours, and it would be nice to ride with her on another T-Dub vs. one of the street bikes.

Anyone one looking for a nice 1972 CB350? Help fund the next TW
lol

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I bought my first tw about a month and I keep looking for them on craigslist. my wife has always wanted a scooter so maybe I could buy one and tell her it's better than a scooter..It's a disease!

·
Registered
522 Posts
There are 3 TWs in our family of 2. We have 2 "street" TWs for long rides and 1 off-road/urban TW which we used this winter to get around town. They are all old ladies so you never know what could happen, it's good to have a spare one. Of course I ended up spending lots of money on all of them, so if one engine fails I will have way too many spare parts.

The third TW is proving itself useful as my father got hit by a car while on his scooter a couple of weeks ago - no damage to him but the scooter was destroyed - so he's using my Red Max now (and do I suffer! can't wait to have her back!).

·
Registered
6 Posts
So how many of you own more than one TW or would like to? It makes sense if your spouse or kids ride but what if its just you?

I love my TW and find myself scanning the want ads looking for a good deal on an older one. I try and be logical with my purchases but I can't really think of a good reason to have another. You can only ride one at a time after all. If I find one I'm sure my wife will be asking the same sort of question. What do you say?

I have two - A '07 that I picked up in '08 - it has a 15/50 sprocket set up. I also picked up a '06 with only 78 miles on it in '10. Thought the wife would want to ride - she declined, but the 16 yo son loves 'em!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have 2, 1987... Red/white and Blue/white. Wifey says to sell 1.....

The red/white is now up forsale, 1775.00. Im in Az, lots of new parts...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I bought my TW in 2008 as an impulse buy (but also needed a better source of transportation than my F 150).

I did a week of research and bought one. It has been fantastic. My son wants a motorcycle now...I only wish I he was taller to ride a TW too.

I now drive a 2001 Cavalier and the T DUB. I told me son that I need a truck if if I am going to buy him a motorcycle. Now he doesn't ask for a motorcycle, he tells me I should buy a truck...kids are too smart.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts