TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was inevitable but I'm no quitter. Good thing I bought an extra from Xaman when he posted some '13 parts in the classifieds. Looks kinda sporty without it, doesn't it? Coolest part was I didn't crash.:D

DSCN8390.JPG dscn8391.JPG

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
This was inevitable but I'm no quitter. Good thing I bought an extra from Xaman when he posted some '13 parts in the classifieds. Looks kinda sporty without it, doesn't it? Coolest part was I didn't crash.:D

View attachment 97281 View attachment 97289

Having some experience with wheelies, the unintended kind, I actually can see learning how to wheelie "on purpose" would be a good thing, especially for trail riding. It helps you go over rocks, logs, downed riders ahead of you etc.

Learning to wheelie on purpose would really help in Moab. I think I'll practice just like you. Just not today and maybe I should remove the tail light/fender assembly first!:D For real!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having some experience with wheelies, the unintended kind, I actually can see learning how to wheelie "on purpose" would be a good thing, especially for trail riding. It helps you go over rocks, logs, downed riders ahead of you etc.

Learning to wheelie on purpose would really help in Moab. I think I'll practice just like you. Just not today and maybe I should remove the tail light/fender assembly first!:D For real!
I had taken off the turn signals and rear rack so it would make for a cleaner dis-mount if needed. Should have gone 1 step further and taken the fender off. I am having a blast doing this though, something I've always wanted to do, the SLOOOOWWW wheelie. I may never get it , but having fun trying! Grandkids think they have THE coolest Grandpa!

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
That is pretty impressive Scotti. Looks like you tip-toed right up to the edge of the envelope of what is possible. Most folks eventually take a big dive over the edge into "No No Land", lose the foot over the rear brake and eject out the stern. Your slow wheelie technique sure is admirable.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
At least you have spare parts!! :p Don't get hurt bro, old bones don't bend as well as they did when we were young, they break!!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a video I made after the oops. Did a quick trip to the creek and back to get the engine warmed up then did some more practice. I don't think I'm going any further yet, but they are getting slower. Sometimes I get them a little too slow and stall during the wheelie. That's a show stopper for sure!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts