TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
Borneo, you been studying all those fancy ranch gate latches in anticipation of your Big Bend trip?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fred, I horse packed through South America and grew up around my grandfather on his farm (his total tool kit was a hammer and a pair of fence pliers) I've seen every type of jacked up, jury rigged, fubared latching technique known to man. I think....

·
Registered
19,419 Posts
Absolute work of art! Wow, much nicer than a West Texas creosote and barb-wire lever latch.I figured you had seen them all so it was safe to tease you.
My fence pliers have a hammer face for when I can't find hammer.
Didn't know one could conjugate F.U.B.A.R. I do know snafued, just look at my fences and you would understand.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are the ones, fencing pliers. Hammer to pound the staples and hooked end to pull them. Got a pair myself out in the barn. I think grandpap's had some white barn paint slapped on them to help find them in the fence rows.
I remember when I was a kid my Grandfather told me why some barns were red and some were white. According to him (he was born in '02) when you bought your farm and built your barn you painted it red. When you paid off your farm you painted your barn white to signify the accomplishment and the fact you owned it clear. Painting your barn was a big deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts