·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Okay, super weird...I click EDIT on this post and nothing is there, but if I click cancel, the post is still fine...wth??

Anyway, when I win the lotto, I'll definitely be scooping up one or two. Check out that interior - actually looks pretty sweet IMO.

A couple more:

http://bi.gazeta.pl/im/b6/a8/10/z17467574Q,Mercedes-G-500-4x4-2.jpg

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Kia...?

·
Super Moderator
4,047 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think I stick to my Tacoma 4x4 for four wheeled ventures even if I had that kinda expendable cash. It gets me and my TW every were I'd ever dare to take my daily driver too with ease.

Heck I'd stick to my TW too as there's yet to be anything else out there that could suite my off road limited abilities and physical limitations better.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Portal axles are pretty cool. Mercedes seems happy to use them, too bad you don't see them used more widely. Must be a function of cost.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I liked the post ride wash off in the promo. Kinda of how I do the TW.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
2 X too many wheels...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Shhhh,
Heres my 84 G wagon,
3000cc 5 cyl diesel
Front and rear lockers from the factory,
Improved springs and shocks,
And yes, It goes nearly anywhere I point it,
But slowly,
Peter B
View attachment 31222
That's one sweet, uncommon rig you've got there pred!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Love the G,
Antique tags now and just blew out a front caliper,
Ill get one soon and back on the road,

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
Shall we start taking up a collection for KJ's Dream Machine?
Those portal axles make all the difference in gaining a lot of ground clearance but they are not the best for hi-speed wheel impacts where their leverage arms and suspension pick-up points tend to rip off. More of a feature for the military Hummers and rock-crawling crowd. So I'm not not sure if mating to a 400+horse power in a 6,000+lb G Wagon will make the best marriage. Wait until we see one in the Dakar rally:).I expect to see more tooling up and down Rodeo Drive.
One can occasional see lighter buggies running portals in The King of Hammer competition which combines truly high speed desert racing with wildly aggressive rock crawling where straight axles are the norm.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have the rig at work in the parking garage right now,
Ill dig up a few more pics in the next couple days

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the rig at work in the parking garage right now,
Ill dig up a few more pics in the next couple days

Yes please - that thing is seriously awesome!! I think I like yours about as much as I like the new one lol! How many miles are on it? How long have you owned it? Ever any major issues?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts