TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what's the furthest you've ridden your TW over the course of a day? Is there a point that the vibration or comfort level just gets too tough for you?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I rode 120 miles Monday and my hind end was screaming at me the last hour when I was making my way home. The seat is firm which is fine at first, but then bloodflow ceases after a bit. Vibration hasn't been an issue for me even at 60mph sustained. Meanwhile most Honda CB350 bikes will make my butt itch like none other.. Something about the way they vibrate is like a form of torture...

My bike has Sunline aluminum bars so they might vibrate less than the stock ones, but I'm still running around on knobby trailwing tires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
255 is probably my biggest day.

Check out my brother's ride report titled "2 brothers, 2200 miles". We did a nice loop from Cleveland up thru New England last fall where we averaged about 200 miles a day.

SEAT CONCEPTS is the answer. The stock seat was a killer. I am in no way affiliated with Seat Concepts other than that I am a VERY satisfied customer.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
1,042 miles. 17 hours, 49 mins.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Actually 17:49 was seat time. Total time was more in line with Ronny's and probably on the order od 22 to 23 hours. Don't 'member fer sher.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Ronnydog and Lizrdbth 1000 miler is just insane milage in a day for a TW.

That's quite a ride. I'm sure that will be a record here for a long long time.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
He took a shortcut....

Seriously I wish more people would get over the notion that you need a thousand cc's to be taken seriously or that you'll somehow suffer an ickygooey instant death on an interstate on something like a TW.

Third world dudes prolly get quite a giggle over that as they haul their entire families, the dog and a fatted pig for dinner to town.

On 50 cc's.

But I digress. As usual.

·
Registered
196 Posts
He took a shortcut....

Seriously I wish more people would get over the notion that you need a thousand cc's to be taken seriously or that you'll somehow suffer an ickygooey instant death on an interstate on something like a TW.

Third world dudes prolly get quite a giggle over that as they haul their entire families, the dog and a fatted pig for dinner to town.

On 50 cc's.

But I digress. As usual.

250 miles, with half of that on the highway.

With the 42t highway riding doesn't feel like Im caning the little guy.

Its never bothered me to ride on the highway and I believe the TW makes you a better rider.

Wind, elevation, drafting and the extra 2-3 mph I can get in a full racer tuck, you need to play chess and think of what you want to do 2 moves in advance.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
1,042 miles. 17 hours, 49 mins.

1000 mi in 23 hours. Ouch

Ronnydog

I want to join that club, but I don't think I'm tough enough. Plus, I like to gawk and take pictures too much. Plus, I would have to make me an AC system like Ronnydog's. Anyway, the most I've done in one day is about 375 miles of pavement, on another day 339 miles of pavement and dirt combined. I thought that was plenty, I just can't imagine almost 3 times that.
Respect for you guys. I think there should be a bronze butt award for like 500 miles of dirt in one day. Maybe I'll give that a shot sometime.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I did 65 miles one day, about 1/2 off road. Certainly not one of the higher numbers around, but it was the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just today, did 227.6 miles according to GPS going from home to Lake Elsinore/Hell's Kitchen/Bluejay campground and back hoome again. Today was a GREAT day!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Wow, Iron Butt distance on TW200s. I curtsy to all who have accomplished this as I am too girlie to ever make it that far.
X2 for me..................... This post covers it nicely... My hats off to anyone that can do more than 200 miles in a day... Now on my bigger bike I've been known to go 750 miles in a day.............. Even that hurts me baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. (o; OMM.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts