TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
After the fueling issues over 7 months and 7K miles on my V7II, I am done with Moto Guzzi...as much as I liked the exposed cylinders and especially the shaft drive.

The Honda starts and runs cold the same as it does warm (as did the Yamaha XT250), other than an extra 100 RPMs at idle.
Got 54 MPG with it today for 120 miles of break-in riding.

1140 cc verses 744 cc for the MG V7 II, rated 54 MPG.

I'm in love.

Red Rock 8 Nov 2017.JPG

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #4
It's gonna get scratched up if it goes over...
I saw a Moto Guzi the other day that looked similar. It was a nice looking bike. My concern: If you lay it over once does the engine bust all up since there is no protection on those heads?

Registered
I saw a Moto Guzi the other day that looked similar. It was a nice looking bike. My concern: If you lay it over once does the engine bust all up since there is no protection on those heads?
I thought the same thing when I saw this bike. Doesn鈥檛 make sense to build a Dual Sport with that kind of exposure to the heads. The probably want a G to add on engine protectiony

Registered
It has some protection on the valve covers and then the handlebars will help the fall. I guess it depends how fast you are going

Registered
I just want to adjust the valves on that thing.
Super easy, unless a previous mechanic over tightens one of the six valve cover bolts.
The 6 mm Allens can strip out very easily.
Guess how I know?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts