Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Totally true, Xracer. And, I don't like the look of this style bike. I don't know how to post s link, but my preference is the '78 Moto Guzzi SP1000, then the SP1000 II. Have I mentioned I'm an old curmudgeon???

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Totally true, Xracer. And, I don't like the look of this style bike. I don't know how to post s link, but my preference is the '78 Moto Guzzi SP1000, then the SP1000 II. Have I mentioned I'm an old curmudgeon???

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wonder if he is still around?

I was able to meet him at Summit Point many years ago. Nice fellow and man his bike sounded good growling down the front straight!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
LT, thanks for finding and posting that link. And I have heard of Dr. John. Very well known by the Guzzi go fast folks. lol I've read a few referrences to him in Cafe Racer magazine also. I guess they are talking about the same guy. I really like the upper fairing of the SP's, not so much the lowers. Guzzi has used a wind tunnel for years trying to get the best aerodynamics. Supposedly, the SP fairing was the "business" in its day. I think these look like real motorcycles, more than the new stuff. That new Guzzi looks like a Victory to me. Yes, I am a curmudgeon. This site is great for this, you guys are the best.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts