TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are all so sweet with your compliments to my photos from my last post - Thank you! I'm seriously just a hobbyist - I have cheap but better than average gear: Nikon D40, a Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens, a Tamron 55-300mm zoom and the 18-55mm that came with my camera. I will never get expensive gear because of where I go and what I like to do...it's just a matter of time before my equipment is dropped off a cliff somewhere or smashed or water logged :). So far so good!

For rides my kit is kept in a pelican case, so far strapped to my front rack:
case.jpg
I don't like it there since it blocks the headlight so I'll have to play around with this.

For your viewing pleasure I thought I'd share some other moto-related pics I've taken this year since taking up this fun sport.
Enjoy!

Willow Springs Corsa Motoclassica 2013 gave me some practice at shooting riders coming by real fast:
DSC_0136.jpg
Some people think it's freakin' nuts but I think being a side car monkey would be kinda fun!
DSC_0150.jpg
So cool to see the vintage race bikes in action!
DSC_0203.jpg
The exposure on this was 1/800th of a second and you STILL can't see spokes!!
DSC_0217.jpg
Just thought these were cool looking.

THEN my BF's friend said, "Getting into motocycles? Let's go to MotoGP!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We camped out a Laguna Seca for two nights and I got to "try" capturing the MotoGP dudes from behind a fence:

DSC_0092.jpg
Not bad for behind a fence, up by the oaks!

DSC_0107.jpg
The pros had some mad lenses. My photo buddy believes that those models cost more than $10K:eek:

DSC_0202.jpg
I love details...this was at the exhibitors area. Such beautiful welds!

DSC_0254.jpg
My vantage point did not allow me a good shot of the elusive elbow drag.:(

DSC_0469.jpg
At night Cannery Row was a total Sportbike show!

So I have a NorCal kayak trip this month distracting me from my TW200. No worries, I'll be back on trail soon enough!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Great pics!! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts