1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
515 Posts
Dang, I thought that only happened in auto racing!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
A current Moto GP bike will hit 240 MPH on a long straight.

Speed never hurt anyone, it's speed differential that will kick you ass!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Great example of good gear=living through amazing crashes. Imagine what a t shirt, flip flops, no gloves or helmet would look like after that? Whenever my no helmet wearing buddies start spewing their nonsense, I ask, if helmets weren't safer, why would professionals that race, from the top of the motorcycling racing world wear them?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Great example of good gear=living through amazing crashes. Imagine what a t shirt, flip flops, no gloves or helmet would look like after that? Whenever my no helmet wearing buddies start spewing their nonsense, I ask, if helmets weren't safer, why would professionals that race, from the top of the motorcycling racing world wear them?
I believe without that gear that gentleman would be considered modern art... Not sure what the name of would have been though.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The fire wasn't the biggest danger in that crash. The most dangerous part would be not seeing where you are going because of the fire and the loss of traction because of fuel on the track.
I don't know Sir... It is like trying to decide the best way to die the knife or the gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts