TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg

Mounted my mini pump
I seen this Mini Morph Pump on the ProCycle website. All the reviews were excellent. After buying it I just planed on keeping it in my pack. Playing around with mounting it I noticed it would look and fit perfect on the front fork. It's super secure no danger getting in the spokes. I doubled up on the tie wraps not using supplied with pump Looks like it was made for the bike

Also bought the Pro Dynaplug tire repair kit. It's very small and compact. I love being prepared.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
That looks pretty good mounted up like that.

You may want to rethink that dynaplug kit tho. The tires on the TW have tubes in them and a plug wont really work you need a patch kit.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
L oL. Really. Never figured that. Shows how green I am.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL I didn't think of it that way. You went there. I tried to change the title to clear it up. I guess I'll have to let it ride.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've had a pump like that for a couple of years. Its all right, but I don't know how it will hold up mounted on the front fork. Mine has been carried in a top box, and it looks pretty rough.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My little pump made it through the first season. It's not the fastest pump but it's there if I ever need it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
FYI -I have used Dynaplugs for many years now (in tubeless tires of course) on both car and motorcycle tires with great success. They are easy to install, really work well and last the life of the tire with no problems. -Glenn

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TP, I like the location of where you mounted the air pump. And...I knew what the thread title meant, so I must not be as twisted as some. But it was funny when you suggested using the tire plug kit....as my mind said...hey, these are tube type tires. Thankfully, someone else spoke up, and I didn't have to say anything. I will be bringing extra TUBES to Moab with me...just in case.

And for air......if you get tired of pumping that little hand pump, I will have my Cycle Pump with me, which is an electric air pump, connects to the battery tender lead on the bike, and works real good.

As for Tubes...(gulp)...yesterday when I installed the new Shinko 244 Golden Boy, I also installed a new Michelin Ultra Heavy Duty tube...that is 4 mm thick rubber. I swear this new tube weighs as much as the original OEM tire, the Death Wing, so right now the front end...with the new tire, and the 5 ton tube in it, with 8 oz. of Slime in it...feels like a bull-dozer. I will get used to it, but I should not have any leaks.

Mike :hello:
Thanks Mike I'm hoping my little pump sees light duty but I don't mind a little hard work once in awhile. I haven't bought into the fluids in the tubes. I do throw a can of fix-a-flat in my pack on long trips. A lot of members
like the balancing factor with the fluids. I perfectly balanced my front wheel with an inline fishing sinker. Worked perfect and it's still on the spoke. The Moab trip you guys are going sounds exciting I wish it wasn't so far.
That Dyna plug thing was funny I had only owned my bike for a month. I was filling my shopping cart so I could get free shipping and never even gave it a thought.
Have a wonderful trip and take lots of pictures. I hope to meet you someday in person.
rick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts