TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard people use the Astro Glide as a lube. Want to get a couple of tubes for my tire guy. Do you use the liquid or the gel?

:sad2: I wish I could have someone else pick up the Astro Glide.

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
Whichever lube you get buy with pride. March right up to the pretty cashier like you are the master of the universe and plonk 'em down right on the counter and say " I'm gonna need two of these". She'll be left in awe, reduced to quivering speculation about the stallion on the TW.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Whichever lube you get buy with pride. March right up to the pretty cashier like you are the master of the universe and plonk 'em down right on the counter and say " I'm gonna need two of these". She'll be left in awe, reduced to quivering speculation about the stallion on the TW.

lol....
When i went to the local CVS to get mine i was with my girlfriend and it was late on a Friday night. The cashier lady looked HORRIFIED since i had two of the biggest bottles they had in the store.

Mine was "liquid" btw

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the gel. Tire guy said he's got stuff slipperier than that. He said he'd get it. Been doing this for 60 years.

Now we wait.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tire guy couldn't get it. It's sitting in the cab of the pick-up, filled to 75lbs, soaking in the sun.

Any other helpful hints?

·
Registered
20,376 Posts
My same tire went on with difficulty even though bead was trimed twice. Of course I didn't have the benefit of sex lube.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Use Windex.
The stock rear tire seated itself at 15 psi.
The mt43 on front at 20 PSI. I have used up to 80 and a wooden mallet prior to Windex to seat a mt43.

Reactions: PlacerLode

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I would probably use ID brand lube and their water based version to start with and the oil based if "baking in the Cali sun method is required"

That electrical wire goop I bet would also be just slick that stuff is knarly when pulling wire

·
Registered
308 Posts
No. Some said it wasn't necessary.
Don't know where you read this... as it is very necessary. I've over 5k miles on my Duro and love it! May you get it on and enjoy!!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
When I buy the Astro Glide I always ask the gal for a box of Magnum size Condoms and usually end up with a date!:cool: Then the gal finds out I am of Irish descent!:( It is the Duro that counts and don't ever forget it!

GaryL

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Left the tire in the car, parked where it would be in the sun and took off to camp for the week end. Got back last night and the inner tube had sprung a leak. I'll take it back to the tire guy, get it removed and go after the bead a little. I'll also get some windex and some more Astro Glide. I just may get a date with the check out gal.

Don't know where you read this... as it is very necessary. I've over 5k miles on my Duro and love it! May you get it on and enjoy!!
Blame TW-Brian. His was one of the posts I read. Second post down =====>http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/1244-duro-rear-tire-trim-question.html

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts