TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever mount a SHAD top case to a cyclerack...rack?. If you have , advise on the mounting plate part number and how many liter case you have please.....photos are always welcome . TIA

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you OWT , think it would still fit with the verticle "hump" ?. I have no passengers . TIA

Any modification needed to the mounting plate or cycle rack for fitment?.TIA

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Hi frog13,

I didn't need to modify the mounting plate or Cyclerack. All I had to do was buy a couple of bolts that were longer than those that came with the SHAD mounting kit.

For backing, I used a 1.0 inch thick piece of black
HDPE Marine Building Material (King StarBoard®) that I cut two hemicylindrical slots in. This way I did not have to cut, drill, scratch or in any way bother the Cyclerack.

The HDPE piece has the added advantage that it can also be used to mount other flat-bottomed top cases.

That is the good news.

The not-so-good news is that it will be tough to get enough room to mount the SHAD case on a Cyclerack that has a vertical hump. MAYBE, if you move the case towards the seat farther than I did you MIGHT be able to make it. However, I didn't want to do that. I wanted to leave room for swinging my foot over the seat without hitting the case. I also wanted to be able to remove the seat without taking off the top case.

Below are two pictures of the SHAD mounting plate in place. (There are 2 plastic cover plates that go over the areas on the left and right. I removed them so you could see the 6 bolts).

If you have more questions, just ask. I will be glad to help if I can.

(Click on the pictures to enlarge)

SHAD-1-small.jpg

SHAD-2-small.jpg

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW , thanks OWT . When the time comes , I'm sure I'll have questions . TIA

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Looks like a model shoot.