TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately and fortunately at the same time I am moving again for the second time in 11 months, but this time I am moving back home to San Diego. I am using a 10' van so this is what I built. Maybe it will give someone some ideas for a future move. And yes, I will be securing it in the box van as well.

I don't have a trailer so I just made a simple stand. Here are some pics.
The tire chock was $12, bolts $4 and 2 2.4's. About $20 total.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
That should do the trick!

I am sorry to see you go Brock, but I understand the reasons. Unfortunately we only got to go on one short ride while you were here, and we never got to fix your leaking base gasket. Good news is that you will be in the land of Ronnydog, Jimbo and other Tdubbers in SoCal.

I hope you can make it to Mel's ride in June,

Brian

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hey that looks like a smart rig. If your bike was heavier and/or moving was looking like a habit
might consider steel, I have no faith in wood. Harbor Frieght has a roll-on self locking stand
with outriggers that I use on my lift and trailer. Moving is such a drag. I learned myself a new trick for loading
heavy momos into trucks the other day. Sold an old Airhead BMW, too heavy to push up a ramp
so I loaded it backwards onto my lift, jacked 'er up an rolled it onto the truck. Easiest load
I ever had short of mopeds. Purchaser had a lift at home. We both thought we was geniuses.
I reckon a true genius would have thought of that earlier seeing as I have had the lift for years.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Where in San Diego bro?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Moving back to Encinitas...where I grew up.

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Well, welcome home then! ;)
I wish I was back in Cali!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, this is where I want to be. I have lived in Las Vegas, Phoenix (Mesa), N Ca and Encinitas is where my heart, soul, friends, family and playground (Ocean) are. My face craves the sunshine, my skin craves the salty air and my soul craves the waves. Expensive yes...very. But once you are there, there are many things I can do for free minus the brutal heat of the deserts. I have 3 surfboards, 3 wetsuits and my TW. So, I am ready to rock and roll.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Joedirt1970,
Don't forget, I am on the way through in San Luis Obispo, so if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to give me a call. If nothing else maybe a lunch when you are on the road.
805-441-0691
Mel

·
Super Moderator
17,625 Posts
Joedirt1970,
Don't forget, I am on the way through in San Luis Obispo, so if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to give me a call. If nothing else maybe a lunch when you are on the road.
805-441-0691
Mel
:tongue9:Lunch on Mel??!! Just say...

On The Way!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts