TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys, I'm moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Shifting from a Network Engineer position in the DoD sector to Cybersec Analyst for an energy company. No pay cut and they're paying for moving -- effectively a raise!

Just did an oil change yesterday as I haven't had a chance to ride the bike since winter, and I figured I'd need to start the thing to get it on the moving truck.

The goal is 20+ acres for the boys to grow up on, ride on, shoot on, and maybe even learn a thing or two which cannot be learned in the suburbs.

Hopefully this move will afford me more riding time in the rural areas!

---

Any suggestions for someone who has only ever owned one of these things in a non-humid state?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I don't think you will have to do anything differently. Maybe just keep a closer eye on things that might rust/corrode. Sounds like you will be having a great time/lot of work on 20 acres. I'm on two and a half acres, and am sometimes overwhelmed.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Tulsa huh? Tell my hero Steve Largent I said wussup. #80 in your programs, #1 in your hearts. Go Hawks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to Tulsa!

Sounds like we have some stuff in common... I live in Tulsa, work in I.T. for an energy company, and I have 2 TW200's. (87 and 96)
I'm wanting to get out and ride, so keep in touch when you get moved and we might check out a few spots.

918-520-4126 is my cell.
-Chris

Well guys, I'm moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Shifting from a Network Engineer position in the DoD sector to Cybersec Analyst for an energy company. No pay cut and they're paying for moving -- effectively a raise!

Just did an oil change yesterday as I haven't had a chance to ride the bike since winter, and I figured I'd need to start the thing to get it on the moving truck.

The goal is 20+ acres for the boys to grow up on, ride on, shoot on, and maybe even learn a thing or two which cannot be learned in the suburbs.

Hopefully this move will afford me more riding time in the rural areas!

---

Any suggestions for someone who has only ever owned one of these things in a non-humid state?

·
Registered
10 Posts
congrats on the life change, my mom lives a bit south of Tulsa not too far from Fort Smith, AR. I wanna start taking my new TW up there to ride around when I head up there. Let us know if you find some good spots to ride other than your land. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Come join us at the Rich Mountain Rendezvous September 12-15, 2019 at Queen Wilhelmina State Park along the AR/OK border: https://rmr4casa.com/

We already have a couple of TW's planning to come up from Louisiana, and fellow TDubber Brad plans to also bring a couple of Helix scooter he's been prepping.

We are planning a couple sight-seeing rides "geared" for smaller motorcycles:
Friday: Visit the Wegner Quartz Crystal Mines, followed by lunch in Mt. Ida, with a stop at the Lum & Abner Museum on the return ride.
Saturday: Ride a loop into Oklahoma, routing thru Octavia, Honobia, with lunch in Talihina, return via the Talimena Scenic Drive.

Both rides are planned as group rides with a riders meeting at ±8:20am following breakfast each day.
Both routes are ±125 miles total with a gas stop at ±75 miles.

Note: If'n you've ridden with me before, you know I may well take an un-paved detour pirate.gif along the way and meet-up with the scooters at the destination.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like we have some stuff in common... I live in Tulsa, work in I.T. for an energy company, and I have 2 TW200's. (87 and 96)
I'm wanting to get out and ride, so keep in touch when you get moved and we might check out a few spots.

918-520-4126 is my cell.
-Chris
Awesome! We got here on 22 July. In a short term rental right now. Really liking it all. Hoping to get a bit of land and a house down near Okmulgee if everything falls into place. I’ll send a txt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts