TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Ditto what joeband said. Lots of paved roads but near zero dirt. Maybe look for a city near a National Forest, or one in the desert.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Move to NW Arkansas! Dual sport trails for dayyyyyyys down here! Seriously, you can ride for weeks down here and not hit half the good stuff (and I promise we wear shoes and have electricity and running water)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Screw pavement and crowded metropolis. Looking back to when i stayed in arizona and new mexico, i should have gotten a TW earlier. If anyone here can fill me in, please list what states u recommend moving to that have great dual sporting and career opportunities. I'll be going to college for car mechanics in the near future. And i prefer to have mountains and desert landscapes when i look out the window of a house instead of seeing dense boring paved communities

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Screw pavement and crowded metropolis. And i prefer to have mountains and desert landscapes when i look out the window of a house instead of seeing dense boring paved communities
well then san jose is not your place

·
Registered
814 Posts
I loved Nevada. Las Vegas might make a good base for you. I was told back in the late 70s early 80s, 90% of NV was Federal land. I used to ride the mint 400 track almost every day. 100 miles a lap. I just pulled off the highway anywhere I wanted and rode. Fire trails in the mountains. Boulder dam and lake nearby. Not too far to the Grand canyon. I was off road over 90%.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Colorado. Boulder personally but just about anywhere. As a mechanic any place with more than 5 cars in 50 miles will have shops and need ASE techs. I wish I had my TDub when I had an A frame in the Rockies outside Boulder. Might have never left.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Planning on renting a dual sport and possibly doing a tour this summer in Moab. dualsportutah.com
That would be very cool. You could spend a couple days in the Moab area, go South to Blanding, west over the Glen Canyon bridge on 95 to Hanksville, through Capitol Reef NP, down the Notom road to the Burr trail, West over to Boulder Town, North on 12 over the Aquarius Plateau to Teasdale, then back up on 24 to I-70 and slab it back to Moab. Or MUCH more!

What incredible country!:usa2::D

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Move to NW Arkansas! Dual sport trails for dayyyyyyys down here! Seriously, you can ride for weeks down here and not hit half the good stuff (and I promise we wear shoes and have electricity and running water)
lol, yes, you also have chiggers, ticks, snakes. Lovely country. Gparents homesteaded there. Would love to do some trails in that countryside. As I am retired and selling off a lot of my collection of lifes stuff and getting a nice travel trailer, will be in just about everyone's neighborhood in the next few years. Will take a laptop with me and hopefully take in a lot of gettogethers or start some along the way. Looking forward to meeting a lot of twbers

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lots to ride near san Jose. Best part of riding is exploring. Just make sure you have a accurate GPS. joeband knows his stuff around nor cal. The coastline line trip him and his father took was epic. Take a once over on that post. Shows the beauty of California very well.if you come down the hill into the valley. Let me know ill ride with y'all. Lots of land to ride. The foothills to Yosemite are also fun as hell. Best thing would be to plan a weekend road trip and mark spots on the GPS as you go. Welcome to cali.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts