TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the TW Forum. Mine is a stock 2003 that I bought new. I fill the tank every 75 miles. My last fill was at 80 miles. The pump registered a littled under a gal. No one believes me. I never had to hit the reserve yet. All of you have great posts and advice.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Bherbst, Tell them to believe it. You could easily continue to get 70 - 80+ mpg if you ride it the same way, stay away from WOT and head winds. Folks have been known to get significant stretches of 100+ mpg, but riding it specifically to maximize the mpg. Enjoy it because an 80 mile trip is about as much fun as you can have out of a single gallon of gas.Tom

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
You have not hit reserve yet because you fill up early enough. Normal reserve is 1.2 gal. Or around 100 miles. "give or take" I've had my 06 since new. I always check my mileage at every fill-up.... Never get below 80.. As high as 90... I go 225lbs. My wife gets 5mpg better than I do all the time. She is 135lbs. OMM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fill with premium no ethol. Hard to find these days. Every where I go people ask me about my TW. Yet I believe I am the only one in Door County, WI that rides one. Haven't seen another one in the last 5 years. Really enjoy the TW site.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts