TW200 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
@Mrgizmow Gerry, We are hoping you are OK and are devastated at the destruction we are hearing about in the Paradise area. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Please keep us posted as to the situation. Tom
Sorry for the duplicate post. I had not seen the thread started by LittleTommy.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
No prob brother Tom.

UPDATE: Gerry and Sashka do not have internet service right now, but will log on and let us know what's going on when they know more. They are pretty sure the house is gone, but at least they are safe. They are staying with friends in Oroville.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
O no. Glad they are safe.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
RonnyDog, I was just talking to someone just a few minutes ago about this. I think we should. I texted you and tried to call, but got a busy signal.

Call me. ;)

·
Registered
20,466 Posts
+1 on a Go-Fund for Gerry. I owe him more than just a debt of honor, after all I ended up with his Mr.Gizmo bike.

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Here's the latest...

I texted Gerry and Sashka this morning asking for the address in Orville where they are staying with the intention of starting a thread so we could collect donations from forum members who might like to donate a little cash or anything else that Gerry and Sashka might need to help them get going again. I figured we could put Dan :D and Sue :D (SanDue) in charge and sent it to them so they could get it to them thinking that Paradise/Orville is somewhat close to them...???

Anyway...I heard back from Gerry and Sashka and they are now saying they might have to evacuate their friends place next since nothing is certain or stable there yet, so they have no address to give right now that they can count on...

Paradise still has over 200 people missing and about 30 confirmed dead. It is the deadliest fire on record in California. People couldn't get out, and many were trapped and roasted in their cars. Paradise is gone. There is very little left and these folks have no place to go back to. It can happen to any of us, faster than we can act or do anything.

Gerry puts on a good front joking about finding usable tools, etc, etc, but believe me, he's devastated. A lifetime gone in an hour. All he can do now is joke about it to try to keep his spirits up, but fellow forum members, he desperately needs our help. As RonnyDog says, they will need everything.

Ronny's idea of a Go Fund Me Page is a much better idea than I had, but we need someone that knows how to set one up. Ronny's in Shanghai and I'm dumb as a rock.

We need someone who can do this, tell the story, post a few pictures of Gerry, home, shop, etc, and start the Go Fund Me, then we can post the link here on the forum, so folks can go to it and donate. They could also share the link with their friends who might be able to help.

Is there someone out there that can do this please??

Let's step up, sacrifice a little, dig deep, love and help a brother... what do you say?

It could've been you...!

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
A post from Gerry from the Paradise is burning thread below:

A very good bit of news for us. We were contacted by an old Friend. The new was, she has a duplex and one unit was vacated last Thursday.. Seems in the last two days her property manager has had 300 applications. Our Friend indicated it was ours should we have an interest. So soon, we will have a place to call home. The current concern is for the town of Oroville and surrounding foot hills. We happen to be in a section of town that may be required to evacuate tonight. Take care

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,138 Posts
Thanks everyone for helping Gerry, he really needs us to cover his back right now. He hasn't seen any of this yet so it should be a most welcome surprise to him in the midst of despair. He's devastated, believe me.

I know many of the folks here on the forum personally and I'm begging you to help our brother Gerry, so I'm kinda calling you out... (you know who you are) I'm expecting many more of you to dig into your pockets and do what you can. I'll be following this closely. I know I can live without a donut or two for a couple weeks to help a friend.

Give generously, the good Lord is watching and weighing our hearts...

It could have been any one of us, so please donate and help Gerry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.