TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please read all of this first:

Please do not contact me about my TW until you have done some research as to what modifications have been made. This could be accomplished by going to my profile and then clicking on mrgizmows posts. I'm sure the list is a long one, but the titles will let you know if the post is about a ride or a mod for the bike. If I wanted to spend hours explaining what the bike is all about, I would post on Craigslist.

The bike is a 2006 and has about 6000 miles on it. No problems, it simply has become to specialized for 'me' to be inclined to use around town and I just don't seem to spend much time in the hills. Now when the mood strikes me, I can always use an XT-225 that I recently purchased. Yes I could undo the mods to the TW as I still have all the stock stuff, but in my mind, that would be silly.

I believe $1700 would be a fair price. Will only answer questions when presented via P.M. When bike is sold, I will post that information here. I will not ship. Gerry

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Hi Gerry,

I am both surprised and saddened that you are selling your TW. I have been following your mods for a few years now and consider you to be the premier innovator for a wide variety of TW modifications that have inspired many other forum members.

In my opinion, your asking price is more than reasonable and I am seriously tempted (despite already having 6 or 7 TW's in various states of disassembly/reassembly/project status).

I personally hope that you change your mind, but can certainly appreciate your reasons for selling. I am glad you will still have a bike so that you join us on future NorCal rides.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do,

Brian

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
hi gerry,

i too feel sad to hear of your decision, though i am sure it is one that you have made after much careful though and reflection. to every season. someone will get a steal at $1700.

please still come on the red bluff ride, your companionship and local knowledge would be sorely missed.

ride on,
joe

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I hate to see you go Gerry. I have really enjoyed all of your mods, ride reports, etc over the last few years. Thanks for all your info over the years. That seems like a very good deal on your bike.

·
Registered
13,793 Posts
Say it ain't so! :(

But I get it. We move on.

Great price.

And you know, everytime I ride, a part of "your" past rides with me. I still have one of the snail trail stickers in my shop!:)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Wow. I don't know what to say. Gerry made no mention of this on our recent ride. I am sure glad that I had the opportunity to ride with him before he sells his bike. $1700 is a more than fair price for his legendary TW.

Joemama

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Someone should snatch this up. It should be in a museum or displayed. It is classic.

More than a fair price by far.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
WOW Mr Giz, I feel great sorrow and loss! I value you and all you have given to me through this forum. You are important here. I will need to process this. Much emotion!

ronnylostdog

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Ride on what ever you want Gerry, but stay tuned to keep us honest once in awhile. I don't need two bikes, but I'd ride yours anywhere. Tom

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Gerry: Being a "newbie" I didn't realize your "Mrgizmows" history when I asked you to continue your story the other day. We are age compatible so to speak. Like the fact you have an XT225, would be my back up TW bike. Still hunting the rides for different occasions. I'm on the other coast or would like to drop by with your favorite beverage and just listen for a while. Lots to learn at any age. As was once said: "Just Keep On Truckin'".

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks to all for your positive feedback. I am going to adjust my initial post because I now see how silly it sounds. Never really thought anyone would be inclined to buy a 2ed bike, or as well sell theirs to buy mine. Kind of figured some of the older forum members might know someone that wanted a TW and think my bike might work well for them. Anyone can buy the bike, I just want folks to know what the bike is all about. Just because it is my bike does not at all suggest it would be a good bike for you. Someone that has been reading my posts for a couple of years would likely know that and would not recommend it to someone seeking an around town commuter.

Anyone that wants it is welcome to it, but please do some research before contacting me.

Gerry

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
That bike is the ugliest POS I've ever seen, but I get it.
This quote will SURELY endear you to all who read it. Come back when you contribute 1/10th of the quality info as MrGizmo has. Class act newbie!

Tom

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
That bike is the ugliest POS I've ever seen, but I get it.
Never criticize a man for building his bike to fit his needs! Nobody gives a rats ass that you think it is ugly but there are many here who would be proud to own such a well thought out machine. With all of your 5 posts to the forum you just dropped in like a turd unless you had some other meaning that did not quite come across. I do hope you will clarify the "but I get it".

GaryL

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Wow, add me to the list of folks that are surprised, saddened, scratching heads on your decision but we all do what we think is best in the end. Yep, $1700 seems like a bargain for all the work that has gone into this TW. So are you selling to fund a WR450F :D.

Hopefully you still have it for the Red Bluff ride, someone needs to tell me where the heck I'm going. :rolleyes:

and while I don't like to encourage trolls, Hey CBRO, opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, and chances are no one needs or cares to know about yours. but hey thanks

Josh

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Wow, add me to the list of folks that are surprised, saddened, scratching heads on your decision but we all do what we think is best in the end. Yep, $1700 seems like a bargain for all the work that has gone into this TW. So are you selling to fund a WR450F :D.

Hopefully you still have it for the Red Bluff ride, someone needs to tell me where the heck I'm going. :rolleyes:

and while I don't like to encourage trolls, Hey CBRO, opinions are like a-holes everyone has one, and chances are no one needs or cares to know about yours. but hey thanks

Josh

That particular "like" was for all those who actually read the fine print!;) Nice.

Tom

·
Registered
20,479 Posts
I have seen and been impressed by Mr Gizmos ride, there is a lot of value and creativity there for the money. I hope someone can enjoy it for what it is and all the energy Jerry has put into it. The air and oil cooling improvements are most impressive and worth the price of admission alone.I understand the desire to sell Jerry, you still have that sweet XT225.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts