TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That's a darn good deal. Bought two (2) of them joining the two I have already.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Smokn deal, thanks for the heads up. Forgot about it when I got home yesterday. Just got done and now have 2 on the way. Glad I didn't make it to REI this weekend as I was going to get just one and would have waisted my gift certificate. Thanks for posting, perfect timing.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Anyone know what size bottle will fit in a Tool Tube?
30 oz fits the standard tool tube perfectly. I stretch an old sock over mine and it's a nice snug fit without rattles. Plus the sock is handy for a rag if needed.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sorry, but I got a couple of stainless steel painted Subzero 41oz water bottles either in Walgreens or CVS - don't remember which - for abut $5 each. It has a neoprene gasket on the top and doesn't leak a drop. SS water bottle.JPG Way cheaper than those bottles and larger capacity and easily fit into the tool tubes bought on this site.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tend to think a water bottle is probably ok too. I posted about it 6 years ago and tested one for a couple of weeks. I half filled it with gas and put it upside down in the sun. It seeped a little but it was probably the seal not being fuel rated. I decided to not use one and went with a fuel rated bottle....just a personal choice. I posted the sale on MSR for those that want one. If you want a water bottle I'm sure it will work too.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Don't use water bottles. The gasket is not fuel rated and it will leak after a period of time.

·
Registered
592 Posts
anybody know the overall length of the 20 oz and 30 oz bottles in inches thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts