TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum for info on this, but couldn't find anything on MSR (but a lot about fuel bottles). I found a 30oz MSR Fuel bottle on ebay for $21 with free shipping. I was wondering if anyone used these to carry extra fuel, and if so how they like it?

MSR Fuel Bottle 30oz Free Shipping New | eBay

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered it. Thanks for feedback on it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
A125_Wolf_Bottle_Holster_a_large.jpg I use one in a Wolfman holder for oil.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The 30 oz MSR bottle is currently $19.54 on Amazon, free shipping if you have Prime. It does have a fill line which should be adhered to, and if one does that it doesn't leak. It also does indeed fit nicely into a Tool Tube.

I also acquired an MSR Whisperlite International stove, which can burn ordinary unleaded gas. The theory is that when I go motorcycle camping, my MSR bottle can both fuel my stove and be a bit of reserve fuel (I also have a 1 gal Rotopax). 30 oz. would take me about 18 miles since I usually get about 80 mpg.

Sadly I haven't done the motorcycle camping yet (COBDR next summer, anyone?), but we used the stove in June when rafting Ruby Horsethief. This float is from western Colorado into eastern Utah and finishes about 30 miles from Moab.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I searched the forum for info on this, but couldn't find anything on MSR (but a lot about fuel bottles). I found a 30oz MSR Fuel bottle on ebay for $21 with free shipping. I was wondering if anyone used these to carry extra fuel, and if so how they like it?

MSR Fuel Bottle 30oz Free Shipping New | eBay
Carry a 22oz but have never had to use it.....one of these days I am sure it will come in handy, and it is compact and doesn't leak or smell....so that is a plus :)

at 70-75 mpg, that should be enough for 22 or so extra miles....which hopefully I am smart enough not to get into a situation where I need to go father for gas

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My versapacks have perfect pouches in the back of them to hold this bottle.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bottle came today, that was fast! Fits perfect in the bottle pouch of my versapack! Maybe I will get another...

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
hey Hoot........are you still running the stock tank?
Yep, figure the Bottle and a Rotopack are just as good....as a add of a gallon tank at the cost of $235....plus I try to stay within 30 or 40 miles of a fuel station....which I realize is easier out this way than out in the wide open west, but so far in 4000 miles I have have not had to even put it on Reserve...but hey, that's just my style and area for riding...others of course have to adjust in different ways. :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just ordered a phone/gps holder that I found in another thread on here too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
The local cycle shop is getting a fire extinguisher case in for me to see if it will fit my needs. I will keep you posted. should be in tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts