TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
If it has wheels we'll figure out how to race it! Thanks arrowsmith , great stuff. I like unusual motorsports and this one is a beauty.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it has wheels we'll figure out how to race it! Thanks arrowsmith , great stuff. I like unusual motorsports and this one is a beauty.
They also drag race them but I can not find the pictures. They stand on a little platform like some of the big lawn mowers have.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
My father used to speak of racing outboard powered sheets of plywood in Hawaii before the war, that is something I'm sorry I never saw pictures of. Get off plane and I imagine it would instantly sink irregardless of operators rum content.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I dunno I enjoy the lack of corperate sponsorship, lack of huge dollars involved and true spirit of invention seen in the Indo clip.
The swamp buggies are like most American motorsports, over regulated. See any protective gear on them Indos?
I personally like seeing racing where the winners are the most lucky and creative not the one with the most money.
But that's just me. Awesome clip.

·
Registered
20,177 Posts
Nice to see that '47 Willys again Tony. It still can't finish that mudhole at the end even after watching a second time.:p

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Not bad for a bunch of commies. Bubba capitalistas do it better:
Swamp buggy races rule. I used to love watching those on the Nashville network when i was a kid. The jeeps were always my favorite when they hit the "Sippy Hole" and the drivers heads where barely above water.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I dunno I enjoy the lack of corperate sponsorship, lack of huge dollars involved and true spirit of invention seen in the Indo clip.
The swamp buggies are like most American motorsports, over regulated. See any protective gear on them Indos?
I personally like seeing racing where the winners are the most lucky and creative not the one with the most money.
But that's just me. Awesome clip.
Maybe things have changed since I ran 4-cylinder buggy, but swamp buggy racing rules are one step removed from street racing for dollars. If memory serves, there are 4-cylinder Jeeps, modified jeeps, 4 cylinder 2wd, 6 & 8 cylinder 2wd, and 6 &8 cylinder 4wd buggies. That's about it. Run where it best fits, whatever it is. Oh, and the Queen gets ceremoniously tossed in.

Boy, do I miss tinkering with that turbo Iron Duke Super Duty. It was great fun!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 16 of 16 Posts