TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, not to answer my own post, but after doing some digging...

I went from 2019 back to 2005 and the muffler assembly part number remained the same...2JX-14711-10-00. So in my mind, unless there's something I'm missing, means that there should not have been a change?

·
Super Moderator
5,272 Posts
The stock muffler mount changed - but it sounds as though the aftermarket jobbies can still be squeezed to fit (it's largely to do with the joint) ....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Reviving this post.

just recently bought a DGV2 slip on for the TW. I have a 2019 TW200. The brackets on the DG don't line up exactly.

With the mid-pipe bolt holes lined up (the square standoff bracket halfway down), the rear bracket mount is off by about an inch.

The tight fit makes it near impossible to mount the triangle shaped heat shield.

Purple, do you know which year exactly the muffler mounts changed? Just trying to save future muffler upgraders money if they want to buy a DGV2 muffler...

·
Registered
626 Posts
I believe the change occurred in 2001 when the kickstart was traded for the front disc?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have an FMF exhaust on my 2017 TW and it fit perfectly. Installation could not have been easier. Not sure how that relates to the OP but I don’t think anything changed on the 2018.

·
Registered
506 Posts
So I just spoke with DG performance, while they have the DGv2 universal slip on, the guy said they do have two different versions for different years. While that doesn't sound "Universal" to me... at least I know now, I guess I got one for the earlier style mounting brackets.

If you do buy a second hand DGv2 and it doesn't fit... here's the process I used. It's a good tight fit.

First thing I did, was call DG to get the missing bolt from the mid-pipe bracket, the guy was kind enough to send out a replacement. I think it's just a standard 10mm hex head bolt, not sure about the thread pitch.

Once the bolt showed up, I slid the new muffler on and lined up the mid-pipe bracket, loosely bolted it in and saw how far off the muffler bracket was, so I bought an isolator I found online from Yamaha (you can go cheaper, I'm just trying to use stuff that looks nice and uses the same manufacturer:

Yamaha Muffler Stay

Once I got the isolator, dry fit again, marked on the muffler tab how far off the isolator bolt hole would be and started some modification.

1. Isolator non-threaded bolt home was too small...drilled it out

2. Threaded isolator bolt hole didn't match any bolts I had... drilled it out

3. Muffler tab hole wouldn't accommodate the isolator... drilled it out:

4. All bolts fit and snug up nicely.

Now I just gotta get some screw extensions so I can put on the heat shield, where right now it's too tight up against the frame to put on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reviving this post.

just recently bought a DGV2 slip on for the TW. I have a 2019 TW200. The brackets on the DG don't line up exactly.

With the mid-pipe bolt holes lined up (the square standoff bracket halfway down), the rear bracket mount is off by about an inch.

The tight fit makes it near impossible to mount the triangle shaped heat shield.

Purple, do you know which year exactly the muffler mounts changed? Just trying to save future muffler upgraders money if they want to buy a DGV2 muffler...
Hey TWBigBlake, Do you remember having to remove the muffler gasket to get the DGV2 slip on to fit onto the head pipe? My gasket is stuck to the header. Do you know how to remove it if it's not needed with this slip on exhaust? I do think I have the right year (size) just won't fit over the gasket. Thanks!

·
Registered
506 Posts
There's a gasket where your exhaust slips on? Can you take a picture for better clarification? I did not have to remove any gaskets or mess with the header pipe at all, I removed the old muffler, and just had to rework the new muffler at the frame bolt with an isolator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am looking for the stock exhaust for a TW200 at a reasonable price (including shipping). My GF is new to riding and doesn't enjoy the DG exhaust. I want to keep her riding so I need to revert to the stock exhaust (for now). The previous owner threw away the stock exhaust. Anyone looking to sell an exhaust? My TW200 is a 2014. It has the DG slip on so looking to take it back to stock. Reside the The Dalles Oregon.

·
Super Moderator
18,079 Posts
I am looking for the stock exhaust for a TW200 at a reasonable price (including shipping). My GF is new to riding and doesn't enjoy the DG exhaust. I want to keep her riding so I need to revert to the stock exhaust (for now). The previous owner threw away the stock exhaust. Anyone looking to sell an exhaust? My TW200 is a 2014. It has the DG slip on so looking to take it back to stock. Reside the The Dalles Oregon.
Welcome to the forum. I'll bet someone has one around. You might have better luck doing a post in the classified section also. (y)

Reactions: Errtu

·
Registered
339 Posts
Post here in the classified section and over on TW200 World Facebook group. I'm sure someone will trade you a stock exhaust + $$ for your DG. You may even find someone local.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts