TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my dearest friends and a fellow Paramedic's father has written a book. I would normally be skeptical of any book written by someone I know, but he happens to be one of the liberators of Europe, and fought at the battle of the bulge. At 93 years old he is one of the few living people to give first hand account of the liberation of death camps. This was one of the books that surprised me, and I could not put down until it was finished. Thought I would share. Cheers guys! J

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Left-Battlefields-Chick-Havey/dp/1940262879/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448424127&sr=8-1&keywords=never+left+the+battlefield

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ordered..... Jason, my guess is it's doing very well. It said 1 left in stock with a re-order on the way. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah he is doing well with it. His daughter said he sells it locally by hand mostly. My suspicion is that he realizes his time is limited and wanted to get his thoughts and experiences on paper. He did it well. It is sad that these heroes are dwindling in numbers.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I really enjoyed that book. Usually I would ask if anyone wants it next. In this case I prefer that you buy this hero's book. It's amazing what these men (some still children) endured while altering the course of history......... incredible.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Told ya! It was amazing. I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as I did since I'm not usually someone to recommend books out of fear of wasting someones time with a book that only I would enjoy. This one was a no brainer to recommend!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
After reading the book, I have to disagree. Without ruining the book for others, I believe that him going back to France recently and personally meeting people who truly appreciate what he did was a turning point. People who were able to return to lives that were taken from them, homes that were taken from them. He now can put aside the totally unwarranted guilt that he carried and acknowledge that they are all heroes. He wants that story told. He wants the next generations to know what happened there and what the consequences were if we had lost that war.........And yes Jason.....he did it well.
(And I do have Amazon Prime)

Yeah he is doing well with it. His daughter said he sells it locally by hand mostly. My suspicion is that he realizes his time is limited and wanted to get his thoughts and experiences on paper. He did it well. It is sad that these heroes are dwindling in numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts