TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sickens me to share this story, but I bought my TW200 in 2015. I also bought a Winnebago Motorhome and Jeep Rubicon. The plans were to pay everything off in 5 years, retire and hit the road of retirement. Well, it started off well with my wife retiring Nursing in June 2019. But that's as far as it got. In July 2019 my prosthetic hip from 2010 became infected, and I have had 8 surgeries in 5 months due to reinfections nearly dying several times before the source of the reinfections was discovered. Needless to say, my wife hasn't enjoyed much of her retirement since she's been doing private duty nursing for me since July. I'll be 69 in May, I'm still on crutches, but will begin Outpatient Rehab next week. I'll eventually get back on my feet, but will have to make some modifications to my plans. I had to sell the Motorhome, the Jeep Rubicon, and about to sell the TW200. That's the bad news. The good news is that I'm alive and thank God every day!
My TW200 only has 214 miles on it and is like new, but it's 5 yrs old. I also bought a front & rear rack for it. How much should I ask for it?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad you’re on your way back to health. I watch the Midwest market and feel the same as Apolloha. $3,500 if you’re not in a hurry. $3,000 should speed things along.

I really like the 2015 color scheme. It seems they don’t come up for sale as often and don’t last long unless they’re priced too high. Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad you’re on your way back to health. I watch the Midwest market and feel the same as Apolloha. $3,500 if you’re not in a hurry. $3,000 should speed things along.

I really like the 2015 color scheme. It seems they don’t come up for sale as often and don’t last long unless they’re priced too high. Cheers

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
121 Posts
I read this heartwrenching tale as a story of blessings acknowledged by the author. It reminds me that as I brush my arm against a rose bush, snagging away a chunk of "old man skin" and leaving a gigantic 3 week bruise, I am so blessed. I have an arm to bleed from and a wife who will kiss it and wrap it for me.

Chaz, has the bike found a home and how is recovery going?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read this heartwrenching tale as a story of blessings acknowledged by the author. It reminds me that as I brush my arm against a rose bush, snagging away a chunk of "old man skin" and leaving a gigantic 3 week bruise, I am so blessed. I have an arm to bleed from and a wife who will kiss it and wrap it for me.

Chaz, has the bike found a home and how is recovery going?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hi Ken,
Good to hear how blessed you are brother. Einstein is remembered for his famous formula, the Theory of Relativity. But now, I'll always remeber him for something else he said... "There's only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, and the other is as if everything is". Well, since July 2019 I've witnessed miracles in my life and I continue to see them. If "Rona" would have come 6 months earlier I would have never made it out of the Cleveland Clinic. I am truly blessed as well my friend. My outpatient rehab was put on hold, but I've gone online to see what I should be doing, and I traded my crutches in for a cane. My neighbor just finished cleaning my TDub, getting a new battery and spark plug, and my son-in-law will list it on Facebook soon. I was reading the tripmeter; the odometer only has 106 miles on it. Asking $3500. Nicer than new, installed "bark buster" hand grips as well as front & rear racks. "If you want to see a miracle, be a miracle"
Have a blessed day,
Chaz

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi Chaz, sorry to hear about your bad luck. I love that Einstein quote. I'm right across the state line near Conneaut Ohio. I bought my 1998 TW in Ashtabula. There's a chance I might be interested. Just a chance....haven't talked to my wife yet. I'll keep an eye out here for your response.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Chaz, sorry to hear about your bad luck. I love that Einstein quote. I'm right across the state line near Conneaut Ohio. I bought my 1998 TW in Ashtabula. There's a chance I might be interested. Just a chance....haven't talked to my wife yet. I'll keep an eye out here for your response.
Good Morning! Sorry Cygnus, A woman from Michigan bought it on Friday as a surprise for her husband because she had one that "he would always borrow".
Thanks, Chaz

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks for telling me. If you're ever traveling through Erie County Pennsylvania let me know. You can stop and take a ride on mine after you get to feeling better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for telling me. If you're ever traveling through Erie County Pennsylvania let me know. You can stop and take a ride on mine after you get to feeling better.
Thanks for the offer, and I may you take you up on it. Erie PA is part of my territory, and I hope to get back to work by the end of May if we can get past this virus!
Chaz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts