TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and happy holidaze everyone.

I have had more than a few inquiries about the front fender I have. Well, it is on sale right now for $23 and thought I would pass it on.

Have a great holiday.

If anyone is feeling really festive, pick up an extra black one for me. I tore mine up on my last ride...way back in JUNE !!!!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/456/15023/ITEM/Acerbis-Universal-Supermoto-Front-Fender.aspx?SiteID=CSE_Gbase_142489&WT.mc_ID=80003&zmam=88421133&zmas=1&zmac=45&zmap=142489

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
What part broke, and why?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The back of the fender was shredded a bit because my bike bottoms out on heavy braking. I am a novice at troubleshooting...maybe my fork oil is bad or low?

Any suggestion is welcome.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Russ,

I think I told you on the phone call, but I think I put my fender on just a tad to far forward and when the forks would compress it would catch the knobbies. I ended up cutting the fender shorter so it works fine and of course, the forks are working just fine and I learned that after the fact.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Howie,

I think you will be fine. The key is making sure the fender is not too far forward. That was my problem and that is why is was rubbing.

As far as the fender, I am not sure the difference. I do think that yours is a two piece fender. In the case that is does rub,

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I finally settled on the polisport universal fender. I tried several others that were either too large or did not match the color of my plastics. I believe that the two piece fender above would be a little too large for our little tdubs but to each their own.

·
Registered
123 Posts
They ended up sending me an ALL blue one like yours brock. I was kinda pist but decided to put it on! haha It actually looks pretty good! and rubs ONLY when I pop a wheelie! haha I'm looking for an xt225 tank with the shrouds to help match the color (i've always like yamaha blue)a headlight fairing in black or blue!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's see the fender Blue always looks good

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I'm a low fender lover, but I gotta say you guys with have a nice look with the high ones, pretty cool mod.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I finally settled on the polisport universal fender. I tried several others that were either too large or did not match the color of my plastics. I believe that the two piece fender above would be a little too large for our little tdubs but to each their own.

For those who have already settled on something else, I wish you nothing but the best.

If you're still in the market, I'll second PalmStateCrawler's endorsement of the Polisport front fender. If you order the white fender from ProCycle the Polisport is the one you get, at least last I checked.

I have absolutely thrashed my TW with the Polisport fender/Procycle high fender mount combo up front for several hundred miles now and I have experienced zero problems.

The white is an excellent match for my TW plastics as well.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
123 Posts
For those who have already settled on something else, I wish you nothing but the best.

If you're still in the market, I'll second PalmStateCrawler's endorsement of the Polisport front fender. If you order the white fender from ProCycle the Polisport is the one you get, at least last I checked.

I have absolutely thrashed my TW with the Polisport fender/Procycle high fender mount combo up front for several hundred miles now and I have experienced zero problems.

The white is an excellent match for my TW plastics as well.

Just my $0.02

I'm kinda liking the length the polisport has, maybe i'll pick one up also:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm a low fender lover, but I gotta say you guys with have a nice look with the high ones, pretty cool mod.

I wonder if we could mount one of these to the stock bracket! bet that would look cool!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That looks bitchin'. I need to get one. Oh wait. I do have one

1 - 17 of 17 Posts