TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 1989 TW about a year ago with a little over 500 original miles on it. I use it for almost daily commuting and it's got just under 7000 miles on it now. I've done a bunch of the usual mods: Jimbo Shield (great item !), riccochet plate, 14t/45t sprockets for better highway speed and MPG, roller chain, cyclerack (awesome), and a set of luggage cobbled together using 3 surplus SBC (Pelican clone) cases and some metal that was laying around the shop.

I'm working on a set of tank panniers using two mil-surplus waist packs. I also want to add a GPS for next Spring and a tool tube under the cyclerack. Let me know what you guys think.

Bone stock when I got it a year ago:

Now:

I'm just using bungies for the cases right now but I'm working on a rachet strap system to keep them a little tighter. I'm also working on bending up a piece of metal to connect the pannier brackets together at the back and tie in behind the plate and rear light. I've got about 1000 miles on the pannier setup and like everything else, it's a work in progress that i use everyday. The cases were on eBay as surplus night vision goggle cases at $25 each and have a ful gasket and pressure relief valve. It's kinda ironic because I had the very same NVG goggles and case on my patrol boat in the Persian Gulf. I also replaced the stock knobbies when they wore out with Bridgestone 203/204s. I really like the new tires. There's a lot less tire whine and they handle a whole lot better. Most of my riding is the daily commute mixed in with some dirt.gravel roads. They work well for my kind of riding.

Reactions: overheat

·
Registered
522 Posts
The luggage set is just beautiful! And what is this tank? It fits perfectly!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The luggage set is just beautiful! And what is this tank? It fits perfectly!

I believe that is the new Clark TW200 tank.

2.7 gallon direct bolt-on the forum members petitioned Clark to design & manufacture.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, the tank is the new Clark tank and it keeps me from filling up every other day. I like it a lot. I still need to get a tool tube installed and I want to add a set of highway pegs off the front of the skid plate. After about an hour in the saddle my left knee starts to bother me and stretching it out would be very helpful. Though youthful injuries sure come back to haunt us later in life.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know who came up with the baby blue but I'm thinking about doing a color change over the winter. Some of Yamaha's color schemes over the years have been pretty odd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts