TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took y'alls advice and went with the Jimbo shield. Besides being an awesome guy, Jimbo also delivered a great product. I think I installed it in about 45 second or so. Whew! What a chore... Anyways, it looks cool, matches my color scheme, and wow, what a difference. Who'd a thunk deflecting just a little bit of wind could do so much.
I read somewhere on here about air flow adjusting for altitude... I live at 5500ft and will be doing the majority of my riding between that and 9000ft. I noticed I got a little sluggish about 3/4 up the mountain yesterday. I've only got 200 mi. on the TW so far, (just unwrapped it 2 weeks ago) so should I wait til break in is over before I worry about that.
Resized_20180729_092541.jpeg Resized_20180729_092507.jpeg

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
There's not much I haven't done. But first was getting rid of the kiddie foot pegs. I truthfully was too embarrassed to show the bike to my brother until I got adult size when I first got it used.
Second was losing the wet battery for an AGM.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about the break in period in terms of rejetting for altitude. Lots of threads here about proper jet sizes. I even remember reading about someone installing removable plugs in the airbox that could be removed or reinstalled the higher or lower you go. Congrats and welcome to the addiction.

+1 on the bigger pegs. First thing I did on both my bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts