TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've decided to make a thread about my newest bike so I don't have to jack anyone else's.
My front wheel isn't straight see:
TTR Bent.jpeg
GaryL said the broken kickstand might of hurt the frame. How bad is this?
Broken Kickstand.jpeg
How can I fix the crookedness of the front wheel? Fred said:
"Sounds like the crown nut on the steering stem is turning with the handlebars somehow thus possibly compressing bearings? I would take apart, inspect and re-grease steering head; maybe something like debris or corrosion will reveal itself as the cause of the tight right hand steering sensation. I'm just guessing, don't really know your problem's cause."
Is that this bolt?
Steering Columb.jpeg
Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have one with the same crooked front end. Previous owner. Not sure the cause. Would be nice if its an easy fix. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Loosen up the fork clamp bolts and such (just a little), then stand over the front wheel and use your legs to stop it from turning while you push/pull on the handlebars to straighten it out. Don't forget to retighten!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loosen up the fork clamp bolts and such (just a little), then stand over the front wheel and use your legs to stop it from turning while you push/pull on the handlebars to straighten it out. Don't forget to retighten!
I've done that a few times but it still goes crooked. Also it is hard to turn right but easy to turn left.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the bearings and was going to install them but than when I took my front end apart they weren't needed. Greased them slapped em' back in, felt like a new bike. Next clutch plates and fork seals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts