TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
More pics!! ANYONE LOOKING FOR STOCK PLASTICS????? I would like to get rid of mine!
I would really like the handguards! Where are you located? I am in Dryden NY.

Tom

PS. Nice looking hollow mod.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I'm bummed that the chain that came with the extended swing arm kit (which is supposed to fit), is two inches too short...can I just add links or should I buy a new longer chain?

Also how does the longer swing arm affect the handling of the bike? I noticed that sitting on the bike last night the rear shock stemmed more soft and I hadn't more sag...I'm assuming his is due to the increased leverage the longer swing arm produces?

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yeah I'm bummed that the chain that came with the extended swing arm kit (which is supposed to fit), is two inches too short...can I just add links or should I buy a new longer chain?

Also how does the longer swing arm affect the handling of the bike? I noticed that sitting on the bike last night the rear shock stemmed more soft and I hadn't more sag...I'm assuming his is due to the increased leverage the longer swing arm produces?
Looking great!
Keep in mind that chains are not universal by size, each brand/manufacturer can and does often use a slightly different size pin, side plate thickness, width of o-ring or x-ring, etc.
It is fine to get a few extra links of chain, if you can find any, as long as it is the same mfg and chain type.
You would just use two master links to make the chain longer.
Of course you need to get master links that fit your chain.
I have a small assortment of 520 master links because I kept buying different types to find one that fit with the chain I was using.

Ideally you can have the seller of the extended swing arm send you the correct length chain, or at least a few links and a matching master link.
If not, take the chain with you to the motorcycle shops and see if they can match it

I wonder how the extended swing arm effects the handling and feel of the bike.
Those of you who have ridden both are the ones to tell us.

You are asking about shock stiffness I guess?
Spell check/correct seems to have muddled up the wording some.
Yes, the shock will feel softer because the lever arm length (pivot bolt to axle) is longer.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Looks amazing. How did you clean up the wires behind the round light?

·
Registered
386 Posts
looks good, is the tank bracket welded on? are you removing the rear metal frame?I've done a few of the long swing arm mods, you can firm up the shock if you want to. there are 3 rings/settings on the bottom , you will need move the metal clip up to the top notch (firmest). used 2 sash clamps to compress the spring, slowly winding them equally, make a nice ride for street use.i'd take a guy that you got the parts from webike? most jap models run 47T or 45T (TW225) rear sprockets, i believe your US ones are 50T, maybe this is where the 2" difference came from in chain length, i usual buy 2 x 100 link chains and cut 1 down to suit. pretty simple with a grinder, old flat screwdriver and a hammer...or even easier with a proper tool!!keen to see more photosP.S, i understand where you're coming from regarding loading photos, i found it easier to add them inline rather than as as attachment, just press return/enter to get a new line then put the photo there, new line and repeat , doing more than 1 would take me ages or not work at all.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Supachip...can you explain in more detail? What direction would I be moving the clip...to compress the spring more...or let it relax ? My understanding is they comebfactory at the middle position ....also any suggestions on needles and jetting after making the exhaust and air box changes?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts