TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always loved Yamaha, especially the TW200, the TW and the f700gs are two different bikes so I won't compare the two bikes, but I will compare it to the 2005 fjr1300, which is also a very nice bike. The Beemer is easier to ride in all conditions including strong winds, long distances, bumpy paved roads and not as heavy. The fuel economy is much better on the BMW, 65 versus 45 mpg on the fjr. The BMW is better on gravel roads and has almost double tire life than the fjr. The fjr engine is smooth and quiet at all speeds where the BMW Rotax engine gets a little buzzy at 75 to 80 mph but has great torque at all speeds and downshifting is not required also acceleration is not nearly as quick as the fjr and I doubt that the BMW would keep up to my Honda silverwing scooter in a 0 to 60 race. Both bikes are stone reliable but the BMW is like a bad drug and I can't and don't want to quit riding it.The seats on both bikes are nothing to write home about, but much better than the TW seat.I have the XT250 now but miss my TW because it is a true trail bike and unique.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Are you sure that your F700GS twin has a Rotax engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts