TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10_Day_Phoenix_full.jpg about time my nine months of good cool weather is here.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Riding season that is.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Where in the world do you see any good cool weather in THAT forecast?!

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where in the world do you see any good cool weather in THAT forecast?!

Tom
I work out doors all day and under 100 with 10% humidity is riding and camping season.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I work out doors all day and under 100 with 10% humidity is riding and camping season.

Yeah my mom say's the same thing now. When she first moved out there from NY she was singing a different tune though:)

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
At 10% humidity if you want to cool off all you need is a spray bottle of water. If any kind of breeze is blowing or you have a fan you can give yourself goosebumps in about 30 seconds. Soak your t-shirt under mesh gear and you'll be shivering in 3 minutes at 30mph.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At 10% humidity if you want to cool off all you need is a spray bottle of water. If any kind of breeze is blowing or you have a fan you can give yourself goosebumps in about 30 seconds. Soak your t-shirt under mesh gear and you'll be shivering in 3 minutes at 30mph.
I got this a few years back on sale for $29.95 BILT - Bilt Cooling H2O Vest - Tops - Base Layers - Biker - Cycle Gear and have an underarmor heat gear shirt on it stays wet for a few hours and sock it again.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also use it on the MTB my bike 284605_4013300382979_840429304_n.jpg with the AZ football cards UFO in background center of the bike home of this years NFL BIG Game.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I have a 2 vests, a jacket, and a hat. They are full of the same water crystals sold for gardening. Wonderful for low humidity riding. I wear 1 vest or jacket and keep the other 2 in Ziplocs with water. On the highway under mesh they take twice as long to soak up water as it does to dry them out, so 1 on, 2 soaking works for me. Some folks use ice water, but I find putting on something that cold makes my muscles cramp. After all, it's the evaporation that does the cooling, not the low water temperature. I really like the outback style hat with the crystals for setting up camp before the night chill arrives. Most folks who've never been out west don't realize 98*F afternoon temps can drop into the 40s most every night in some places. I've seen 27* in the morning, 101* that afternoon, 95* while setting up camp just before dark, and 26* about 10:00PM when I turned in. If you work up a sweat pitching camp, and the evening cold catches you damp, you're in for a long, miserable night.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It will finally be nice to ride again here in AZ zdiver!! Recently paid mine off and I'm ready for the first riding season with a bike I now fully own! Have fun and ride safe ��

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
It's drizzly, cool, and boring stuck here in Bumfiretruck Kentucky waiting for this factory to make the junk to load on my trailer. No problem, I'll get a few hours sleep, brave the 45*F drizzle to get hooked about 02:00, stop along the way for a shower, drop the trailer, park the truck, and be heading out on a little trip on the 550: 40-42* in the morning, ride to a home-style bacon-and-egg breakfast, ride in the sunshine all day, 60-62* high, stop for a pulled pork sandwich with slaw for supper or maybe a steak, hot shower and a warm bed somewhere in the Ozarks, then do it all again on Sunday. Just my typical weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts