I have finally uploaded some photos to the forum of my recent purchase. Unfortunately, I couldn't successfully upload pictures directly from my iPhone so had to go the long way round and send 'em to my computer first! More to come if anyone is interested.
So she's a '95, some would say she's an ugly girl but they would be oh, so terribly wrong! She is a picture of 90's elegance. From a time when David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson were keeping us safe on our beaches. Back when the Atlanta Braves won the World Series and Steve Fossett became the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific Ocean in a hot air balloon. Back when I was 17 or so, when the mere mention of a motorbike would elicit responses varying from "Not under my roof!" to the old classic "You'll only kill yourself on one of those things!".
Fast forward 21 years, one 'Sach's Maddass' (weird, but fun) and a 'KLX400R' (Kwaka's branding of the DRZ400!) later and this little orange and blue hottie enters my life.
I haven't done much to her yet bar inspect her every knook and cranny and give her a lovely set of new shoes & socks (Kenda K270 5.10-18 F, TW34 180/80-14R). I am definitely going to embrace her unique colour scheme and maybe get the cyclerack powder coated orange to match the stickers, other things on my to-do list are.
- Orange or blue hand guards (I like the squarer shape rather than the curve-y ones that have been coming out lately) still haven't found any I like the look of yet.
- Heated grips, because it is DAMN cold here in Canada (Worried about the current draw on the old girl...)
- Since I'm doing the grips thing, might as well get a new bar eh? (pro taper ATV perhaps)
- Some kind of LED Clock/Thermometer/Voltmeter combo thing like this but has to be waterproof! To keep abreast of her power consumption and other useful things.
- I'd actually like to put a USB socket (or two, one back near the bags, one up on the bars), again not an electrician and I'm probably asking too much of her to be able to do this.
- Get some foam and replace the tatty but semi-functional under-seat foam!
- Get her a new purse that will compliment her colours and look good on her tail, yet at the same time be practical! (Still searching )
- Ride her everyday, yup even in Winter!
- New rubber
- O-Ring chain (PO)
- Geared for road (PO)
- Cyclerack (PO)
- Ridden everyday!
It feels good to be here guys, where has my '95 teedub been all my life?! Playing the field I guess. She's finally come home to stay!