TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Very nice.
Is the land around the reservoir "open" for vehicle travel?

Nevermind.... I just realized you are just feet from the dam road.

I've actually been past that point years ago when stationed at NAS JAX. I logged a lot of miles on my GSXR 750 in that region of the state.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Boy, you guys are talking a different language. This must be in "Texas". I drove across part of that "BIG" state once. Perhaps I should not say; it was in the early 1970's and 'we' were in a 1962 VW bus. I am still with the Lady, but the Bus is 'history'. Boy you guys have lots to territory. Gerry

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Hey guys, For those of us that don't live where you live, I'd ask that you tell us a state. I googled Rodman damn and convinced myself it was in Florida. Clearly Gizmow thinks you are in Texas. How about some details on where you are riding, where you live, and something about the area. I.E. is it an orv area or not? Nice photo, clearly warm weather so tell us which direction we have to go to get there soon. Thanks. Tom

·
Registered
13,917 Posts
Tom, I almost goggle it too and didn't, but with outcasts clue, "NAS JAX", my thought was Naval Air Station-Jacksonville. So adding 20 + 40, I guessed Florida.

And it is a nice photo too!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's speaking of Florida.
Hwy 19 runs out of Palatka from 17 and goes southwest to Rodman dam road to the north side of the reservoir he has pictured. When I was stationed in JAX, 20 years ago, we'd ride a lot out there. It was really nice forest roads and very little human population. Now Google earth shows it has grown tremendously. I visited there a couple years ago and couldn't believe what I saw. Jacksonville is consuming area like no other city I've ever seen!
Look up Lake Ocklawaha online and you should see something about where he's at. Google earth actually has a picture of the road the OP took his photo from.
Rodman Dam road, right on top of the levy.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry I should have said where Rodman Dam was located. HarelyJoe and Owtcast are correct it is off 19 in Florida, not far from Palatka. There are miles and miles of forest roads for the TW. I saw lots of deer, turkeys and my last ride a black bear. There are campgrounds around, Salt Springs has a state park campground, really nice for camping. What is nice you are not limited to the ATV areas and non licensed motorcycle areas. I stayed off them as they were very sandy and two way and I always worried about someone coming on an ATV around the corner full speed. To ride the forest rodes no fee is required, it is great place for the TW. I used to ride alot over there but have since moved from the area. Getting ready to make a trip to Alaska. The TW is going on the back of our 5th wheel so I can do some exploring when camped.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts