TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum today, and am happy to be here.

So I bought a tw200 (not new) and I have been using it for about a month now, today i decided to clean the bike, the chain and sprokects.
I tried opening the cover to the front sprokect but couldn't do so because of the leg pad, but I have already loosing the bolts holding the cover which resulted in some oil puring down.
Because I couldn't remove the leg pad, I closed back the cover and tightened all ten bolts firmly. Because of the oil spill, I decided to top up the oil, just to make sure the oil is not too low.

Then I started the engine without the air filter, which made it hard to rev.
After replacing the filter it reved ok.

But when I took the bike for a ride it doesn't move like it used to, when I try to accelerate it behaves like like am about to run out of fuel and it doesn't move like it use to.

Any help on how to fix this problem will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Based on the work you did, you might have sucked some debris into the carb while you had the air filter removed. You could try running some Seafoam through. If that doesn’t work, might need to do a more thorough carb clean.

Also check the oil sightglass and make sure it’s not overfilled.

Lean the bike on its side for future engine cover removal needs.You lose less oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Based on the work you did, you might have sucked some debris into the carb while you had the air filter removed. You could try running some Seafoam through. If that doesn’t work, might need to do a more thorough carb clean.

Lean the bike on its side for future engine cover removal needs.You lose less oil.
Thank you so much for the help.
I didn’t have to do much, I just sprayed inside the carburetor with a carburetor cleaner and the problem was solved, she moves now without any hiccups.

But I did notice a little oil dripping from where I opened the cover, I think I will have to open it all the way when am ready to change the sprockets and chains.

Once again, thanks

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Glad it was an easy fix. You could retorque the fasteners. Might stop the leak until you do your sprockets. Warm it up, then retorque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts