TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let it sit for 4-5 months without starting it with the fuel turned on (stupid mistake). Charged the battery... no luck.

The gas had fuel stabilizer in it, so the gas is fine. If I pull out the spark plug and throw a splash of gas into the cylinder it will fire for a few seconds then die. I opened up the carb and replaced the jets with slightly larger ones, because I wanted to do that anyway. I also cleaned and sprayed out every bit of the carb and even removed the diaphragm, needle and slide. There was a fair amount of what I would guess is aluminum dust that I cleaned out. I put the carb back together and reconnected everything and same thing... it doesn't start. Motor turns over fine but never fires.

I opened up the carb again after trying to start it and the float bowl was completely dry. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought that the float bowl should be full just by gravity if the gas is turned on... The petcock and tube from the gas tank definitly works just fine, so its gotta be something in the carb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.