TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This winter I was lucky enough to find a 2009 with less than 400 miles -- I snagged it up in a hurry. Living in Maine, if you're not skiing you have some free time so I focused on a TW build.

Procycle suspension upgrade -- front with cartridge emulator and red spring rear

Protaper ATV bar, new levers, grips, Tusk bark buster, and ken sean mirrors

55 tooth rear with O ring chain

241 front / ITP Terra Cross rear

Seat Concept

Manrack "wing rack" / 1.75 rotopax tank

Ricochet bash plate

Result is an unstoppable trail/mud machine fitting the spring weather in Maine. I was questioning the 55 rear but it's perfect for what I'm riding (and my 57 years of age). At the time the red rear spring sounded perfect. However, significant other and I went on a weight loss challenge so I have gone from 205 down to 185. Good for me but the suspension was a buck board. Since I have added the manrack with the full 1.75 rotopax and a decent tool kit (including battery jumper and tire inflator). With the added weight it behaves as I intended. All in all this is a killer ride. Thanks for all the advice!

57791239774--CAAEFDDE-968F-48B3-9070-95A17D73798E.jpg

·
Registered
721 Posts
Great build. Thank you for sharing. I ended up with the white spring in the rear. Much better for me. Red would have been far too stiff I think. Sounds like fully loaded you’re good on red. Procycle suspension mods front and rear made my bike feel like more like a dirt bike. Completely changed the behavior. Nice job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts