TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,047 Posts
Well made video.
Wonder what percentage of the gear taken is actually used for a single overnight trip.
For example I would exchange those 3 weeks of Baby Wipes for perhaps a spare article of clothing in case of rain or wind. Maybe one knife rather than 3 with no knife sharpener. It is all good brand new looking kit though. From sponsors?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I overall found the video interesting and enjoyable. Not to be critical, but I did find it odd that for 30 seconds or so you complain that someone nearby is using a generator while out in the bush, presumably to power a bunch of 'toys' - and then in the next breath you mention packing your drone, GoPro, and other tech gadgets. Aren't those really just another type of unnecessary toys..?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
If one gets rid of the deathwing man killing tire .. one will no longer have anything to
Blame the results of ones lack of riding ability on ..
No it's not the best tire , far from it..
A shoty carpenter always blames his tools for poor work
While a good carpenter produces a masterpiece with much less .
Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
592 Posts
I liked the video. It's always interesting to me to see how and what other people pack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well made video.
Wonder what percentage of the gear taken is actually used for a single overnight trip.
For example I would exchange those 3 weeks of Baby Wipes for perhaps a spare article of clothing in case of rain or wind. Maybe one knife rather than 3 with no knife sharpener. It is all good brand new looking kit though. From sponsors?

Hahaha I agree with you, I may have a bit too many baby wipes I just grabbed the bag for the video, and the spare room I have in my backpack is usually used for 1 spare change of clothes.

Nothing from sponsors I purchased it all myself and have used all the kit alot this year but mostly on my side by side.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I overall found the video interesting and enjoyable. Not to be critical, but I did find it odd that for 30 seconds or so you complain that someone nearby is using a generator while out in the bush, presumably to power a bunch of 'toys' - and then in the next breath you mention packing your drone, GoPro, and other tech gadgets. Aren't those really just another type of unnecessary toys..?
At least these aren't polluting the air around, nor interrupting peace & quiet hours on end. :D

And, he's making a vid with those....although never saw any drone vid this go around.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Last I heard my drone doesn't sound like an apache gunship lol, I would say a drone and a go pro is not even in the same dB category.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I find a 4 legged fold up stool (not a chair) invaluable for rough-it camping. It's surprisingly comfortable, easy to tuck in somewhere, you can always sit down when you want without ado, and it's great to sit on while having coffee when it's cold - you sip away and huddle over your camp stove to keep warm at the same time.

It makes a good table too. I'd put my stainless steel bowl full of water on it to clean up and shave in the morning. You can sponge bath in the same way using it for your hot water supply table. Helps in preparing meals too. I think the cost was less than $10 and I've still got it after 25 years or so of use.

Come to think of it I've still got my old US made Kelty 2 man backpacking tent too, perfectly intact and my down filled sleeping bag, all well used and originally purchased mail order from North Face back in 1972 or '73.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I find a 4 legged fold up stool (not a chair) invaluable for rough-it camping. It's surprisingly comfortable, easy to tuck in somewhere, you can always sit down when you want without ado, and it's great to sit on while having coffee when it's cold - you sip away and huddle over your camp stove to keep warm at the same time.

It makes a good table too. I'd put my stainless steel bowl full of water on it to clean up and shave in the morning. You can sponge bath in the same way using it for your hot water supply table. Helps in preparing meals too. I think the cost was less than $10 and I've still got it after 25 years or so of use.

Come to think of it I've still got my old US made Kelty 2 man backpacking tent too, perfectly intact and my down filled sleeping bag, all well used and originally purchased mail order from North Face back in 1972 or '73.

I really like that tent!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I doubt you can get it anymore. Another similar is the Eureka 3 man I think it is which packs amazingly small. The US military uses Eureka and you can get them both as a 3 season consumer oriented item or a robust 4 season commercial use item meant for lotsa hard use that folks like the US Parks Service and the like. One day I'll get one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I doubt you can get it anymore. Another similar is the Eureka 3 man I think it is which packs amazingly small. The US military uses Eureka and you can get them both as a 3 season consumer oriented item or a robust 4 season commercial use item meant for lotsa hard use that folks like the US Parks Service and the like. One day I'll get one.

Thanks for the tip !! I'll be checking that out.

·
Banned
1,982 Posts
I have a "2-man" Mount Logan tent that is pretty nice. They call it a 2-man, but it's kinda tight for wifey and I...so we've only used it once.
It has twin doors with a small vestibule on each side. A bit heavy but for 1 man...it's perfect!

·
Registered
488 Posts
The Kelty is small too, and meant to be considering it is a backpacking tent. With two occupants it isn't comfort you experience, it's misanthropy, sometimes freely expressed. Realistically it's a one person unit...

The thing I like about mine is that it has sturdy shock corded aluminum poles, it's bullet proof in a storm, doesn't leak in the rain and it will stay planted, even if you have to get up in your underwear once in awhile when it's blowing a gale to guy it to your motorcycle when the pegs pull out of the ground.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts