TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Respect, thanks & appreciation to your Dad!

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts
Our generation should be the greatest, right now. If men and woman would rise up and be Men and Women of God, there is no limit as to what could happen in our world today. The world has yet to see what marvelous things could happen when a person is totally given over to Gods will.

The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him. I will try my utmost to be that man. -D.L. Moody

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Very nice. My maternal grandfather served in the CEF. He was from Sarnia.
Both of my grandfathers served in the CEF.They sure were a tough bunch.I have a 1861 Snider and that is one heavy piece of kit I can't imagine having to carry all the stuff they had to.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
There are no Men now as were when the Great Generation was at the helm.
If that is true, then it is our generation that failed to raise our boys into men. Just saying.

Tom

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
If that is true, then it is our generation that failed to raise our boys into men. Just saying.

Tom
There is more than meets the eye to Tom's comment. If the men, who Tom Brokaw branded "the greatest generation" had raised their sons to be like them then the torch passed and the fault lies in that subsequent generation. Either that or they were not so great after all. I don't pretend to know the answer. I think many great men still exist, just biding their time until they are needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts