TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Poor thing rolled a curb she didn't see and this was the result. Located behind passenger side front wheel.
Thanks to my truck fixing friends!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
Might help if we knew what kind of truck it is, etc... ;)

Poor thing rolled a curb she didn't see and this was the result. Located behind passenger side front wheel.
Thanks to my truck fixing friends!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might help if we knew what kind of truck it is, etc... ;)
D'oh!
2016 GMC Sierra Denali HD duramax. It's our tow vehicle for our fifth wheel home from Vermont glamping vacation.
Just want to make sure it's safe to drive...

·
Super Moderator
17,932 Posts
It looks like it has vents near the top, could it be air to the intake of the engine or air for the AC outside air vents?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My hand is on the front of the running board. DEF makes sense because there is an outside layer of protective plastic and and inside layer of insulation...probably to to help keep DEF from freezing in winter.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just looked up the def tank and yep...you folks are the best source of mechanical info around!
Going to put a plastic sheet under it to make sure it isn't leaking.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MA will surely punish me if I do...but don't think better power and economy aren't tempting

·
Registered
20,159 Posts
Armor it or eliminate it...good question.
If you want something to really hang down in harm’s way there are several clunky skid plates available. t-a-def-tank-skidplate-chevy-installed-003.jpg
This one is for a Chevy but CST, Skyjacker, etc might have more conformal armor to better slide over glamping and other off-road obstacles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts