TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
...and sometimes TWs have to earn their keep too.
Betty got to haul some brush to my chipper today.

Then later assisted leading a dozen Search and Rescue folks and a boy's father trying to find a lost son whose motorcycle broke down somewhere in the hills behind my spread. We found the lad, never did find the disabled cycle. Poor dehydrated kid had no idea where his bike is. Young man made the all to common mistake of once his/her machine ( 4x4, motorcycle, snowmobile, ATV etc) pooped out rather than backtrack on foot following their obvious and very fresh tracks back the way they came they strike off cross country and eventually get lost. Then they call 911 with failing cell phone battery.
Used to have a boss who would joke with me over the radio " Where Am I, over?" obviously knowing there was absolutely no way I could pin-point him. Yet many today seriously rely on such pleas for help to have others solve the results of their poor judgement. Nice Search and Rescue volunteers. I had sympathy for what the father said would likely be a long upcoming weekend locating and retrieving the trail bike.
Note: Bike was disabled and chain of misfortune occurred due to a broken clutch lever. This is a good example why I recommend brush guards to protect levers in a fall while in remote country.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
My dog has been on Bear Patrol the past two days with one who really wants my bird feeder. It is very hard to imagine how a 40 pound dog can chase a 300 pound bear off the property and even harder to understand how she can smell the bear from inside the house before he gets to the feeder. It really is pretty funny seeing that lard ass scurry up a tree to get away from all 40 pounds of her alligator teeth.

GaryL

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
While Dryden T-dub's game camera didn't capture the black bear roaming around here it did get some of the search and rescue folks yesterday....little indians walked WGI_0011.JPG

Chiefs and supervisors got to ride;) WGI_0004.JPG

Here is the "victim" today, gonna find and retrieve his bike which seems quite a ways from where he was found yesterday. WGI_0014.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts