TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day for a ride, mid 70s and low humidity. Headed over to Connecticut Hill to do some exploring. Almost didn't see this trail when driving down a seasonal road. Took a little tumble on that trail. Pilot error, drove over a piece of slimy wood about the size of a rolling pin that was at a slight angle to my direction of travel. It rolled and down I went, no damage. Bark busters did their job and protected the clutch lever. Next free day I get, I'm going back for a little more exploring.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I'm coming up to 300 since I bought mine. That's about 100$ of expense for each 100 miles! Why did I need a TW over my Intruder that needed 0$ except for gas per mile? Oh cause I've riden my TW almost 300 miles in less than a month and last year less than 50 on Intruder!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Stock tire strikes again!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I'm coming up to 300 since I bought mine. That's about 100$ of expense for each 100 miles! Why did I need a TW over my Intruder that needed 0$ except for gas per mile? Oh cause I've riden my TW almost 300 miles in less than a month and last year less than 50 on Intruder!
Good reasoning as far as I am concerned. I bought mine at the end of April and just passed 1,300 miles today. I am soooooo addicted to riding now. Oh and I laid mine down for the first time tonight! I was riding with my boy and decided I would try one last wheelie before heading home. Do not attempt a wheelie on wet grass over soft ground:eek: Nobody hurt and no damage done whatsoever. My son thought it was hilarious though:D

Tom

·
Registered
257 Posts
First year I had the Dub I put 9500 miles on it and 3000 miles on the Kawasaki Concours. 16 HP verses 109 HP. The Dub was more fun. Should be passing through your state on my way to Nova Scotia next week riding the TW200.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Drop me a pm when you have the time frame.

Tom

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,358 Posts
There is nothing on a trail quite as nasty as those side way slimy branches or even worse the wet roots you can't hit straight on. Seems we all learn this hazard when riding and the front tire rides along the log or root instead of going over it. Glad you did not get hurt or do any damage.

GaryL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts