TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While last night's blizzard was small when compared to that of a year ago, it did provide me with a fine excuse to get out and try my first snow ride. Flat out, riding in the fresh snow was much harder than I expected. Of course the light weight and low height of the TW made even the most tense, slippery moments manageable and fun. And fun is what riding is all about!! After playing for a bit I stopped at one of my favorite coffee joints to caffeinate and warm up. It was needed!

·
Registered
426 Posts
you don't want a bunch of snow anyway like 10+ inches, you'll be boggin down big time unless you have low gearing.

TW does alright on the ice, I had it up to 20 on hard-packed pavement ice after a 11" storm, and it wasn't slipping at all..but I was still worried about it. Un-evenness is your worst enemy, if you're ice riding a nice smooth level surface is essential on a bike.

looks like you got a 09 or even '10 bike based on the color.....don't dump it and mess it up! Have fun too!

·
Registered
13,920 Posts
So, anybody gawking at you as your drove by on the TW in the snow? You should install a cup holder and wave to anyone looking while sipping some coffee traveling down the street.
When I drove in some snow last November, I remember being extremly tense as the TW didn't handle the snow very well (or me either for that matter). I'm gonna buy some tire cable (chains) the next time I go when the possibility of snow exsists.

Thanks for sharing your photo's. Looks like it's getting slushy too.

And one more thing, you lived to show and tell us!

·
Registered
42 Posts
If they use salt on your roads, i would be concerned with rust. I dont think yamaha uses the same painting methods that the auto makers use today.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Any good rust prevention tips???
Flush with lots and lots of water.

Soap and water.

Spray with SeaFoam Deep Creep.

Lube and grease everyhing.

Did I mention flush with lots and lots of water?

·
Registered
13,920 Posts
DCTW,

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post to your snow ride. Thanks for posting some urban ride photo's. I get to ride the rural area's all the time, and I think its great when someone posts photo's of "urban trails". There's got to be a ton of things to see back yonder to show us all, which I mostly likely won't get to see.

Thanks again

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Admiral, You need not worry. I am committed to documenting (and posting) many many pictures of my urban trailblazing. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
548 Posts
In response to your rust question, I use a product called "Boeshield" to stop the rust on my bike. Its a metal treatment made by Boeing aircraft to stop the problem of corrosion between dissimilar metals. We use it on outboards at the marine shop I work in to stop salt water damage to external components. Comes in two sizes of spray cans and is easy to apply. Just wash and clean your bike, then air dry with a quick ride, then let the engine cool before spraying down. Another quick ride to dry off excess, the sit and look at the shine, then lastly follow up with another quick ride to show off that shine to others in your community. Here in canada its sells for around twenty bucks for the large and twelve for the small which is enough for at least three treatments. I have also found its stops the mud from sticking and what does get on is easily washed off....leaving more time for drying time (quick rides around town).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts