TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008. Ive been reading alot and theres alot going around. Im looking for a cut and dry Im rather simple minded. If anything is needed to run any of this please lend me you knowledge. Is it only if I get LEDS for turn signals I need a new relay or is it tail light too. Does that not apple to 2001+ models.

Ok so for the headlight. Good lighting is a MUST overcourse

PIAA H4 12v 60/55 watt

http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H4.html

Tail lights LED. A style Like this. I know LED raws less but I still cant figure out if LED is just plug and play

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-In...Sportster/dp/B005B2DYIW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_6

I have zero clue for turn signals yet. THIS is the one Im really lost on. Like I said I have a 2008 so I know I have a better electrical system but can LED just be plug and play too?

All I find is LED but if its going to need more than just new mounting then Ill pass or just find ones that use stock style bulbs.

Ill take any ideas here.

Ok so thats my basic setup just need some help from the pros before I I order away.

· Registered
215 Posts
i used to work for a audio dealer called tweeter ect. they were a authorized piaa dealer with there car audio dept. i can remember alot of customers returning piaa products cause of burnt out bulbs. they tend to run very hot and tend to burn out under heavy vibrations like when your hammering down a trail. just a thought for ya.

· Registered
255 Posts
That's a pretty decent look for stock turn signals and a Cyclerack; clean install too.

If you went to LED always on (low) turn signals, you'd have 6 lights to your back without touching the brakes.

As the days have gotten shorter, and I've found myself in 5:00 traffic a few times, I feel the need to do something similar.

One observation & question for the regulars:

So I turn the key on, and the front turn signals are lit up and the back turn signals are dark. It would be nice to have the rear signals act like the front ones. Is there an easy way to make that happen with the stock signals, or is it too much drain on the battery to have those two rear lights stay on (without an LED conversion)?

· Registered
3,923 Posts
It would be easy to accomplish, but you can't have amber lights running full time duty on the rear. It's a legality thang.

Anything facing rearward has to be red, except for intermittent use turn signals and emergency flashers.

· Banned
7,044 Posts
Any bulb except the headlight can be converted to LED. Make sure to shop around and buy the highest lumens output you can find. Tail and turn bulbs will run $US25/30 each. This provides best visability. The exception to the "brightest you can find" is the turn, high beam, and neutral indicator. Get the lowest lumens available or you'll be badly glared at night.

Once you install the turn bulbs, they won't work. Take your stock flasher to any auto parts store and ask for an electronic replacement that is not load-sensitive. Problem solved.

· Registered
1,766 Posts
I put this in Mrs. trip's taillight. it is not cheap, but it works great. Much brighter and flashes 3 times fast when first hitting the brake.

WOW light kit

just plugs into the existing socket. I had to fiddle with the mounting to get it to attach, but it fits in the stock taillight fine.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any bulb except the headlight can be converted to LED. Make sure to shop around and buy the highest lumens output you can find. Tail and turn bulbs will run $US25/30 each. This provides best visability. The exception to the "brightest you can find" is the turn, high beam, and neutral indicator. Get the lowest lumens available or you'll be badly glared at night.

Once you install the turn bulbs, they won't work. Take your stock flasher to any auto parts store and ask for an electronic replacement that is not load-sensitive. Problem solved.

Ahhh thank you. The perfect in my face answer I was hoping for. Thank you everyone else too. Every little bit helps put it together in my head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.