TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my project 88 and have it ready for the next 25 years. Hard to believe after all the neglect how great she runs. Both bikes are sitting on new tires and tubes with new sprockets, seals, gaskets and X chains and both have new carbs, batteries and fresh fork and engine oils so I don't have to waste the valuable but short riding season up here. It was a long and expensive project getting the 88 back to road ready and good to go but I am thrilled at how well it came out. The 91 was a garage queen when I got it last year so instead of fixing things I spent my cash on all the farkles.

You can come out any time you want Mel, there is a Black Widow in my stable you can ride! :)

GaryL

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
congrats gary!
that has been a long labor of love, whoever gets to ride it really has a treat in store for them!
the plastic looks better on her, than sitting in my shed.

ride on,
joe

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nice work, now we gotta get you dog carrier up to the standard of your work on the bikes. It must be done for the northeast ride !

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sweet rides! Really cool seeing you bring that bike back to life with used parts from other members on this great forum. But remember, There is only one "Black widow" and she lives in an 1800's horse stable in Woodland, CA. :D

Reactions: Pass Man

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A great looking pair of "girls", Gary. Don't worry that ride has been on my bucket list for quite a while now. What a great time it would be to ride together.
Mel

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all who helped! Gregor, I am ready to do the dog crate when ever your broke leg is up to the task. Evan, there are lots of Black Widows out here and more pop up every day it seems. Qwerty, don't be sniffing around my girls unless you can ride them hard and put em up wet!:D

OK Mel, make the run before our time runs out! We aint getting any younger. Just so you know Joe, that is your plastic and I just listed the not so pretty take offs in the classified along with an almost full set of real nice white that I decided to not use.

GaryL

·
Registered
445 Posts
Great to hear! Good job and thanks for the pics.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Yep, really really nice job Gary. Is the 88 getting a Jimbo?

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, really really nice job Gary. Is the 88 getting a Jimbo?
The 88 will get a few guest riders and then a new owner so I can find another rescue for next winter.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I meant a Jimbo Shield, one would look sharp on that 88.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I meant a Jimbo Shield, one would look sharp on that 88.
And I meant the new owner can do his own farkles! I got it mechanically sound with all new parts and running great and that is as far as I am going with it.

GaryL

Reactions: littletommy

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
ok, gottcha.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, gottcha.
You have to put this all in perspective Tommy. I already have more in it than I can get out of it so adding farkles won't add a penny to the end results.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
O believe me, I know. I have invested way over what I could ever get on mine if I sold it.

·
Registered
765 Posts
O believe me, I know. I have invested way over what I could ever get on mine if I sold it.
Let me be included in that as well. My 89' is with its final owner if you want to put it that way :)

Sent from Android for Nook Tablet using Taptalk

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beautiful - it looks brand new!

Love that red and black theme - whoever gets that bike will be very happy. Question - When you replaced the carb did you use the old style or a new style carb? My 88 is very jealous!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love that red and black theme - whoever gets that bike will be very happy. Question - When you replaced the carb did you use the old style or a new style carb? My 88 is very jealous!
I stuck with old style carbs on both bikes. Too costly to go with the new because the boots to both engine and air box have to be changed.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts