TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, but not to TWs. Here's a post I made on facebook in 2016 about my first TW200, my first motorcycle.

15697561_332826247116223_4755548122859051388_n.jpg

It took 27 years for this motorcycle to go 3000 miles.

I had my first motorcycle ride on it some time in the early 90s. Riding behind my grandfather, it was the first time I felt the temperature drop on a summer evening as we rode down into a valley towards a stream of water.

I'd later sit on it in my grandfather's garage. I'd push the buttons that didn't do anything on account of the flat battery.

My sister learned to ride on it, about five hours before I learned to ride. She ended up laying it down while learning; she still has a "Y" shaped scar from that. I drove to the emergency room from college to check on her. Then I went out to the field where she laid it down, and taught myself to ride in the dark.

My brother has probably felled entire foreign armies on this bike, but for him to share his secrets is tactically incorrect.

And to think it was actually my grandmother, Lu, that got the family into riding when she rented that bike in Cloudcroft, NM.

After 50 miles in Big Bend National Park, even down Black Gap "Road," mile 3000 is in Marfa, TX.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
did you get it a prada seat cover to celebrate?
;)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Did you see the light?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts