TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Helmet is made to protect a rider from injury and even death. Usually it's from an unfortunate accident while riding. While I was on a multi day trip to the Mojave Desert recently, I noticed a little blood on the top of my ear. I had been putting my helmet on and taking it off dozens of times each day and I thought I had scraped it on something. Two weeks later and it is still not healing, so I went in to see a Dermatologist. He took a sample and did a biopsy. Four days later and he calls me to say that it's a Basal Cell Carcinoma. A few days later he does the surgery and takes out about a thumb sized patch of ear. Now I have 13 stitches on my Franken-ear. Fortunately for me, the root didn't go any deeper! I never noticed anything peculiar on my ear before the trip. I am now seeing my Dermatologist annually, and consider my helmet a Life- saving device in more than one way;)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Good advice r.e. annual dematologist check-up. We are not immortal. Melanoma can kill very quickly. Good for you Passman and your tight fitting helmet. Live long and prosper.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Glad to hear you were able to get it lopped off fairly easily, it's good you had the common sense to go get yourself checked out.

Another one I used to hear is that "Scars are like tattoos, but with better stories".

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Let's see now. I forgot what post it was that I made, but I received this comment, " No picture, didn't happen". :)

I hear my resemblance to a famous Vulcan is......ear- y

I sent the leftovers to Mike Tyson

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Chicks will be impressed that you are smart enough to take care pf yourself. Thanks for sharing. Passman's now a Vulcan!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be careful trailscout, that Arizona sunshine can be too much of a good thing.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts