TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I was in many such places. Interesting people. Guns are easy, but try getting beer. A twelve pack of bootleg Chinese beer can cost you more than a decent 1911 clone. Go figure. I get a kick out of people saying we live in the most free Country in the world. Depending on how you define that, it is far from true. I generally tell people to look around them. Almost every single thing you see here is governed by a law or regulation. I'm serious, try it. Couch? yep, probably a dozen or more laws and regulations, everything from fire retardant requirements to a plethora of laws governing the manufacture and the workplace. It truly is amazing when you start exploring the concept. It is almost impossible to look at anything in this Country and not be seeing something governed by laws and regulations. Even natural things. Everything.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Your observations are spot on. I issued just that challenge to some Ivy league nit-wits who were protesting for more, and stronger government regulations. You know, so the rich capitalist boogeymen would quit taking advantage of the working man. Out of the dozen or so protesters not a single example of an unregulated item could be garnered. One of them smugly said "air" and his own friends laughed at him. As did I.

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Nobody even knows how many laws, rules, and regulations to which we, the most regulated subjects in the world, have forced upon us. Estimates are in the millions. Fact is, there is absolutely nothing you can say or do that does not violate at least one of those millions of convoluted and contradictory regulations. Hence, the NSA collects data. When the government wants to quietly dispose of masses of recalcitrant subjects it will simply match normal human behavior to the appropriate code and, VOILA!, just cause for incarceration and/or elimination of undesirables. Mark my words.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Nobody even knows how many laws, rules, and regulations to which we, the most regulated subjects in the world, have forced upon us. Estimates are in the millions. Fact is, there is absolutely nothing you can say or do that does not violate at least one of those millions of convoluted and contradictory regulations. Hence, the NSA collects data. When the government wants to quietly dispose of masses of recalcitrant subjects it will simply match normal human behavior to the appropriate code and, VOILA!, just cause for incarceration and/or elimination of undesirables. Mark my words.
Damn you Qwerty! I am going to go curl up in the fetal position and cry myself to sleep now. Thanks a lot.

Tom

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Sorry to unhappy your ignorance, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. I don't make this stuff up, and I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. Everything I describe has already happened. Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it isn't true. You see, I'm cursed with an uncanny ability to recognize patterns and connections among patterns that other minds can not order. Quite often I see a pattern, then start digging and find more and more evidence to support the pattern, until I have a convincing argument to support conviction. My arguments can not be broken. I'm very familiar with happily ignorant people who choose to remain so, though. Remember, target the groin so your tyra..., uh, target becomes a squalling psychological weapon, not a dead hero.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
For years the guys have talked about going down there for that event. The one person I talked to who has actually attended told me you can smoke up a grand in no time. He said it's almost giddy fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts