TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some new interests that have been keeping me busy.........

Have paddled this rig many a mile on the lakes of N. Calif. From time to time wondered how it would be with a little motor. Certainly not as peaceful, but perhaps still fun.

Been working on this 89 Toyota Dolphin that Saskia and I picked up last spring. A fun project with lots to do.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
love that kyack with a motor on it! Ur not too far from me. Have a sister who lives in Chico so up that area once in a while but never have seen paradise,ca.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
My folks are running their second Dolphin since the '80's. They also have a 30' fifth wheel and a big Dodge which stay home 99% of the time. Can't beat a Dolphin for two people on the move.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
That ought to make 'er move right along! Are you related to Tim (the Tool Man) Taylor? Just kidding
My son has a canoe he mounts an electric trolling motor on. That combo works real well. The Dolphin looks to be a nice rig. I'm fond of Toyotas, and it looks as if there's enough room to be quite comfy. Is that solar panels you're mounting on the front?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah! I'm wanting to get an electric trolling motor for my canoe. As easy as it is to paddle, a 25~35 lb. thrust motor should scoot it right along.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have given the electric motors lots of thought, but dread the idea of lugging that very heavy battery. The gas rig is 24 pounds and is rated at 3hp. Still lots more work to be done on the mount and kill switch. It will be interesting to see what we do with the Dolphin. I am a pretty slow and steady guy, but it seems that rig is a load for a 4cylinder engine. Gerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts