TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most often referred to as a scooter or mini bike.
people make fun of it every day.
Comments like
Hey I could carry one of those in my saddle bag for a spare..
gee i wanted one of these when I was six...
Did your wife shrink it in the drier??
I hope my Harley didn't scare that poor little thing when I parked here..
Hey the pedals fell off of your bicycle..
Where do you put the WIND UP KEY..
It would be cool if they made an adult version..
These are just from today and it's only 10:30 AM. LOL
I have a pretty good sense of humor and this doesn't bother me at all.
Until I was in my late forties I didn't have much appreciation for the TW myself.
( WISH I BOUGHT ONE 30 YEAR AGO)
THIS LITTLE BIKE TRIES SO HARD AND GETS NO RESPECT AT ALL..
What other bike can do so much with so little to work with..
Just my thought for the day time to ride ! !

·
Registered
689 Posts
Maybe the TW200 gets scoffed at on the street - but my I get nothing but praise on the trails!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of the comments are made in good clean fun. Most of the Harley riders know I have a couple myself.
Some of the GS1200 riders can be well you know.... I just tell them to follow me for an hour and let's see what
That big monster can do....
They never take me up on it....
mike

Reactions: Ken and TW-Brian

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I ran into five R1200GS riders yesterday at http://www.westlineinn.com/ after riding 120 miles on my TW on the trails in the ANF . They were just getting off their bikes and going in while I was riding by so I stopped to talk for a few minutes. Cool guys with shiny bikes 3 hrs from home stopping for a sandwich. I gave them some tips about the area and tried to do a wheelie when I left!

Reactions: Ken and TW_in_BC

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I've never heard anyone talk shit about my TW. If anything the comments have been along the lines of "Hey I've heard those are fun to ride", etc.
My experience exactly! Even from some Harley riders.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Harley riders... don't get me started. My last bike was a Valkyrie. Made in Tennessee, more chrome than a 58 Buick, and heavier than a Road Glide. Yet the Harley snobs would still... well, you know.

One of my proudest moments was when two of us from work were heading out to meet some friends for a birthday party. He had a 1200 Sportster that he thought was the pinnacle of motorcycle development. He said he'd never ridden a Honda bigger than a 90 and asked if we could swap bikes.

We arrived at the Chinese Restaurant and parked in the line of Harleys. A pair of old ladies were walking by and one of them said to Johnny (as he walked away from my Valkyrie) "That's the prettiest Harley I've ever seen".

Johnny asked what she thought of mine (his). Both of those beautifully elegant elderly goddesses said in unison "Oh no, I like yours".

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
665 Posts
One of our neighbors told my wife I look like a little kid when I go by on the TW. I told her to tell him Thank You!

Marty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts